Looking for some polish color possibilities with these crosses

Beard is dominant, so if the rooster is homozygous for the beard then that doesn't narrow it down much as bearded or nonbearded could be the mother. If he had one bearded and one nonbearded parent though, chicks without a beard could only come from a nonbearded parent or a bearded parent with the recessive nonbearded gene.

Ok if we are assuming the father is *not* the buff that rules out a couple of pairings, but leaves most of them open still-- my red and wcb are the only two in that pen that do not have beards, and my bcw roo does not have a beard.
So not much narrowing of it down.

Ok if we are assuming the father is *not* the buff that rules out a couple of pairings, but leaves most of them open still-- my red and wcb are the only two in that pen that do not have beards, and my bcw roo does not have a beard.
So not much narrowing of it down.
Yeah, I'm afraid the beards won't be able to narrow it down much. All you know is that it can't be nonbearded x nonbearded.

Some VERY fun colors starting to show up!
No idea what this is. Chocolate with white or gray?
20220605_191249.jpg

Buff Laced with black
20220605_191222.jpg

I don't think cuckoo is a possibility with my color possibilities-- wouldn't I need a cuckoo parent?
Yes, you would need a parent with the barring gene (barred, cuckoo, crele, or a white chicken that also has the barring gene.)

First one looks cuckoo to me.
I am not sure what to call that color, but I don't think it looks quite right for cuckoo.

Cuckoo should have white bars running across each feather (sideways across, not the length of the feather, and not just the tip.) I'm not seeing that in the photo.

Back
Top Bottom