Looking for some polish color possibilities with these crosses

Yes, you would need a parent with the barring gene (barred, cuckoo, crele, or a white chicken that also has the barring gene.)

I am not sure what to call that color, but I don't think it looks quite right for cuckoo.

Cuckoo should have white bars running across each feather (sideways across, not the length of the feather, and not just the tip.) I'm not seeing that in the photo.
We will just have to wait and see! When does adult color become apparent? I feel like first feather as chicks not accurate, and patterns can wait until more like 2 months to really start to develop, but I've also never had a mystery chick like this before!

We will just have to wait and see! When does adult color become apparent? I feel like first feather as chicks not accurate, and patterns can wait until more like 2 months to really start to develop, but I've also never had a mystery chick like this before!
I don't know what age the adult color and pattern become obvious, because it's always late enough that I've quit counting how old they are.

I agree that the first feathers may look very different than the adult ones.

I am not sure what to call that color, but I don't think it looks quite right for cuckoo.

Cuckoo should have white bars running across each feather (sideways across, not the length of the feather, and not just the tip.) I'm not seeing that in the photo.

You might be right. My experience of polish cuckoo is not neat barring, but quite smudgey in the hens. Looking forward to seeing updated pics as this chick grows out.

I don't know what age the adult color and pattern become obvious, because it's always late enough that I've quit counting how old they are.

I agree that the first feathers may look very different than the adult ones.
Same, never had a mystery color before so never really cared about when they stopped looking funky and settled into an adult pattern

The white is more pronounced
20220610_180520.jpg

They are all a little funky looking right now but look at this ...... thing.
Only good news is I think it is a roo so I have an excuse to get rid of it when it gets even uglier LOL
20220620_161753.jpg

Back
Top Bottom