Looking for some polish color possibilities with these crosses

I adore Baby Bubble's crest!!!
I hope this one is a girl, because she is SO pretty
20220627_204304.jpg

Pixie is turning into a gorgeous little bird.
Whoever the heck her parents are
I was just looking back through this thread, and I think the most likely parents for her are:

two of the hens are the result of a white crested blue and gold lace pairing. Could some of that brown leak through even tho the hens don't have it?
One of these hens for the mother.

there are two other polish roosters, a silver laced and a white with a black crest.
And one of these roosters for the father.

Since she is a pullet, and shows silver, her father can NOT be gold (so not the Buff Laced rooster.) That's because a hen only has one gold/silver gene, and she inherits it from her father. Gold is the recessive trait, so a rooster that shows gold cannot be carrying silver.

I think there's some amount of lacing in her ancestry, but I don't know whether that would just be coming down from her mixed-color mother, or also coming directly from her father, so I can't tell which of those two roosters is more likely to be her father.

I was just looking back through this thread, and I think the most likely parents for her are:

One of these hens for the mother.

And one of these roosters for the father.

Since she is a pullet, and shows silver, her father can NOT be gold (so not the Buff Laced rooster.) That's because a hen only has one gold/silver gene, and she inherits it from her father. Gold is the recessive trait, so a rooster that shows gold cannot be carrying silver.

I think there's some amount of lacing in her ancestry, but I don't know whether that would just be coming down from her mixed-color mother, or also coming directly from her father, so I can't tell which of those two roosters is more likely to be her father.
I'll get some new pictures of her. She is just gorgeous.

Buff Laced crossed with Gold Laced just gives you more Buff Laced, but they carry the gene for black lacing (so don't sell them as "pure" Buff Laced, or someone will have a surprise when they hatch some chicks with black lacing!)

Silver Laced rooster with Buff Laced hen gives White Laced Silver (white-on-white), with the "silver" maybe being yellowish or looking dirty. The sons also carry the gene for gold but the daughters do not, and both genders carry the gene for black lacing.

Buff Laced rooster with Silver Laced hen gives sexlinked chicks. Sons are White Laced Silver (probably not a clean silver), and daughters are Buff Laced. The sons also carry the gene for gold, and both genders carry the gene for black lacing.
When you describe white lace silver do you mean like this:

A99FC591-6A59-48CC-9618-7DC3FBC58F5A.jpeg
40D4BDC1-28C0-4C25-8872-63E64D2D22FC.jpeg
19852852-03C6-4AC7-B8E2-754EB9ABA47D.jpeg
2FFDD00B-61C5-4440-8E8D-B43C53630F97.jpeg

He also has some black feathers mixed in.

Back
Top Bottom