Looking for someone who is good at sexing chicks?

arnr1530

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 28, 2013
North Carolina
I am looking for all the chicken veterans need a little help...... I am trying have been looking for a little while to have someone help me sex my chicks! I want to know if I have mo then one roo caus I'd like to order more chicks but I would love to know the sex before I do so if anyone can help please let me know I will st the pics on hue thank you very much !

are you vent sexing or wing sexing- don't listen to people who tell you to pick them up by the beak or anything. if you're gentle you can turn them so their butt is up and has you lift the tail up so the bung opens up a little, the upper part as a little dolup that looks like a baby's upper lip and if you keep holding the chicks but up the dolup goes in and out alittle. that is a boy. if you lift the tail so the bung opens up and the upper part looks like a little slit then it is a girl. combs grow faster on a boy and their feet and joint where they bend their legs are bigger.

Okay maybe you live in the city and cannot have roosters. this applies to adults when they crow which will not happen until 3 months or so so until then enjoy.

Last edited:
are you vent sexing or wing sexing- don't listen to people who tell you to pick them up by the beak or anything. if you're gentle you can turn them so their butt is up and has you lift the tail up so the bung opens up a little, the upper part as a little dolup that looks like a baby's upper lip and if you keep holding the chicks but up the dolup goes in and out alittle. that is a boy. if you lift the tail so the bung opens up and the upper part looks like a little slit then it is a girl. combs grow faster on a boy and their feet and joint where they bend their legs are bigger.

Okay maybe you live in the city and cannot have roosters. this applies to adults when they crow which will not happen until 3 months or so so until then enjoy.

thank you no one has told me to pick them up by their beak i am just trying to figure out what they are before i go ahead and order more and the reds seem too look like roo's thank you very much i will go check and let you know how it goes

thank you so much i found out the my RIR's one is a roo and the other a hen which i thought the one was a roo to begin with my other 3 are hens and the youngest that is only 4 wks old that one doesnt really like to be held much so i tried and it maybe a roo but still pretty small and a little harder to tell thank you again

Back
Top Bottom