looking for the numbers....

yyz0yyz0

Songster
9 Years
May 2, 2012
Does anyone have a link to a place where I can get specs on coop building measurements?

things like roost distance from wall, popdoor dimensions, nest box dimensions, poop board widths, ideal popdoor ramp angle, etc etc?

will be getting my chicks this week and the coop is already under construction. I'm still working on the shell of the coop but will be moving on to the finer details like pop door, nest boxes and perches soon so would like to find a reference page somewhere that contains the "ideal" measurements for these things.

thanks

Does anyone have a link to a place where I can get specs on coop building measurements?

things like roost distance from wall, popdoor dimensions, nest box dimensions, poop board widths, ideal popdoor ramp angle, etc etc?

will be getting my chicks this week and the coop is already under construction. I'm still working on the shell of the coop but will be moving on to the finer details like pop door, nest boxes and perches soon so would like to find a reference page somewhere that contains the "ideal" measurements for these things.

thanks
12", 12" x 9", 12" x 12", 24", 45 degrees.
big_smile.png
You can also use the search bar at top to find specific threads on each subject. Everyone has various ideas on how things should be and it is mostly common sense and what works for you as to what is "ideal". Hope this helps!

thanks for the replys, both are helpful.

Yes, I've tried the search function but you can get so many responses that it can take hours of reading to find all the answers.

thanks for the replys, both are helpful.

Yes, I've tried the search function but you can get so many responses that it can take hours of reading to find all the answers.
Hey no problem... It is more fun to get feedback that is current instead of "old hash" anyway. Good Luck with those chicks!! Exciting!

wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom