Looking for the Perfect Home for our Wonderful Runner Duck!

makala

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 29, 2013
Hello!
My name is Michaela, and along with my partner Dave, we operate a small organic farm in Utah.
This will sadly be our last year farming in Utah, and we will be moving out of state at the end of the season, sometime in November. We are currently looking for the perfect home for our dearly loved female fawn and white Runner duck (who is just starting to lay eggs). We are hoping to have the perfect place lined up for her to move to at the end of the season (November). She is a true sweetheart, extraordinarily friendly and charismatic. She enjoys receiving a lot of attention, including pets on the back, loves swimming and following us around in the gardens.
We are looking to find her an exceptionally loving home, with access to water and open spaces, and the company of other animals...especially birds. We are willing to travel great distances to bring her to her new home, when we find the perfect situation for her.
If you or anyone you know might be interested, we would love to hear from you! Please email: [email protected]

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

There are many duck-loving people on the Duck Forum (c:

There is also a rehoming forum here on BYC.

She sounds lovely.
love.gif

Oh, she sounds wonderful!

You know, I have been considering getting another hen. We live in Texas, though, and I don't want you to have to drive across the country if you live in the USA. I also would not want you to have to ship her or anything like that. We're building a pond now, but they have constant access to a small pool and a clean water bucket to drink from. We have five other ducks - one drake, four hens - and two very polite dogs. The only thing is, the ducks aren't free-range. They're going to be switched to an organic feed this week, but currently, they're on Dumor. We don't have a massive space, but there is enough space for all of our ducks to run around and snack on grasshoppers, slugs, snails, worms, crickets, and other insects and plants.

Again, though, I don't want you to drive any great distance. Plus, I would definitely have to talk this over with the other inhabitants of the house, and I couldn't pay for her for a while.

I hope you find her the perfect home! As Amiga said, BYC has a rehoming section that you could post on. :)

If you're coming towards Washington, we'd love to take her! :) Just got word that a friend's kid can't have chicken eggs (like me) so we're going to be looking to maybe add a duck or two to the four we already have.

Back
Top Bottom