Looking for true BLUE eggs.

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by chevynova, Aug 22, 2013.

1. chevynova

chevynova Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2012
    WNY
    I get a lot of my eggs on Ebay with excellent results, but I've had a terrible time trying to get blue eggs for my friend's and my big 2013 hatch. I have purchased both Ameraucana and rumpless Araucana eggs. Most of the sellers I have bought from quote the breeds' standard of blue eggs, but what I have received is either blatantly green or a super light blue that is hard to tell from white. Some of the listings had photos of the eggs, but I wonder if the pictures may have been touched up or the eggs came from hens who are not currently laying.

I have never had a bad buying experience here at BYC, so I hope that someone here hears my cry and answers with an offer of lovely blue eggs for sale. It doesn't have to be a robin's egg blue (I wish!), but I am looking for clearly blue eggs that are easily distinguishable from white and green. Looking for at least 6+ to 12+ eggs. Thank you for considering my want ad!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. chevynova

chevynova Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2012
    WNY
    I have two batches of eggs pending shipment as of this morning. Thanks very much for the helpful PMs! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by