1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Looking for true BLUE eggs.

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by chevynova, Aug 22, 2013.

1. chevynova

chevynova In the Brooder

Feb 10, 2012
    WNY
    I get a lot of my eggs on Ebay with excellent results, but I've had a terrible time trying to get blue eggs for my friend's and my big 2013 hatch. I have purchased both Ameraucana and rumpless Araucana eggs. Most of the sellers I have bought from quote the breeds' standard of blue eggs, but what I have received is either blatantly green or a super light blue that is hard to tell from white. Some of the listings had photos of the eggs, but I wonder if the pictures may have been touched up or the eggs came from hens who are not currently laying.

I have never had a bad buying experience here at BYC, so I hope that someone here hears my cry and answers with an offer of lovely blue eggs for sale. It doesn't have to be a robin's egg blue (I wish!), but I am looking for clearly blue eggs that are easily distinguishable from white and green. Looking for at least 6+ to 12+ eggs. Thank you for considering my want ad!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013

2. chevynova

chevynova In the Brooder

Feb 10, 2012
    WNY
    I have two batches of eggs pending shipment as of this morning. Thanks very much for the helpful PMs! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by