looking for young bottle fed baby goat

Quote:
That depends entirely on the purpose of the goat. In dairy goats, milking a doe is much easier on the udder than a baby nursing. I don't know if you've ever seen a baby nurse, but they bump very hard and some of them actually lift up their mommies when they get a little stronger. Some goats have attachments that will hold up to this over the years, but some don't. We don't take any chances, but we show too.

Also, singles tend to make an udder lopsided, so if you have goats you wanted to show-like we do- you wouldn't want to leave a single baby on the momma.

Many dairy people also pull kids for CAE control. CAE is a disease that's passed in the milk from dam to kid. Pastuerizing and then feeding the kid kills the virus.

So look for a dairy or a dairy goat breeder in your area.

I give away wethers if someone takes them before they hit a week old. After that, I sell them based on age because of the time and milk I've put in to them.

Last edited:
Boy do I wish I lived closer to you! I have SOOO many goat questions! We're getting our first this weekend! I'm so excited! I went and picked them out based on NOTHING but, "gee, what a pretty one".
smile.png
I'll learn! I'll probably just do it the hard way. Your goats on your website KS are beautiful!!!!!!!

Stacy

You will do fine
smile.png
The people that have an honest interest in learning always do. If you have any questions, you can always start a thread, or pm me. There are several people on here that have goats that could help you out in a pinch.

Good luck with your new little one!

Someone posted a boy for free today of the dairy type on NCPoultry2. She's been having to bottle feed him and just doesn't have the time with work and all. But that's pretty far from you.

Stacy

Stacy,
I found it on the internet but where is the little guy? I have to sign up for a membership and wait to be accepted.
Tammy

If you can sign up in the next few min. tonight, I'll go ahead and approve you and you can catch up on the messages today if you'd like.

Stacy

UGGh! Looks like he might already be taken. I'm sorry Tammy.
sad.png

One of the goats I'm picking up tomorrow is supposed to be bred. Do you want me to let you know when she kids?

Stacy

Last edited:
Tammy! Can you contact me ASAP? There's a lady in VA that's got one doeling and five bucks, a milk type for sale that still needs bottle fed that she's wanting to sell for $50. She's a good ways up in VA too, not sure if that'd be close enough to you or not, but anyway, email me at [email protected] and I'll send her info. on to you.
Sorry if I'm obsessing. I don't mean to be that bad.
Stacy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom