LOoKING FOR :

I’m in Canada, and have had ISA browns, Rhode Island Red/Sussex crosses, and have Marans, EEs, more Sussex’s and bantam Cochins in the brooder right now. BUT THEY HAVE ACCESS TO AN INSULATED COOP THAT IS HEATED IN WINTER. Will they have access to a heated coop or any kind of shelter? It gets that cold here too, and we have a heat lamp on in the coop.

I think this was answered but yes the way you worded the question, It sounded like you were looking for them for fighting. Just wanted to check that out. I don't agree with fighting any animal.
I don't support cockfighting since it's illegal, but it's not really animal abuse since we aren't taking the birds, & beating them.(Don't Judge, Just a Different Opinion)
They were bred to have an enhanced fighting instinct that is easily triggered when in sight of another cock. They fight by themselves, fighting is natural, & fights to the death happen in the wild too. This is the reason you can't free range multiple cocks at a time, but rotate them out to prevent serious injury, or death of a bird.
I had a Silkie fight that almost became deadly. The rooster who started it became soup, & I nursed the other back to health. I do not tolerate this type of aggression in my flock, or human aggression either.

Back
Top Bottom