looking in to getting a calf

hi im wondering if anyone knows where i can buy a jersey calf for fair, im am in grand rapids michigan
What quality of calf are you looking for? You could contact the Jersey association to see if there are any breeders of purebred Jerseys near you. Also, contact the agricultural extension office to see if they can help you. I would contact ABS (American Breeders Service) to see who is providing artificial insemination services near you. The AI technician would know who has Jerseys.

What quality of calf are you looking for? You could contact the Jersey association to see if there are any breeders of purebred Jerseys near you. Also, contact the agricultural extension office to see if they can help you. I would contact ABS (American Breeders Service) to see who is providing artificial insemination services near you. The AI technician would know who has Jerseys.
ok, i will! thanks!

Do you drive past any dairy farms? Stop and ask. You can also go to your local sale barn, see who's bringing in calves, and ask if you can buy their next Jersey heifer straight off the farm.
Also call your county extension office - the 4H leader may know.

Back
Top Bottom