￼￼￼New Chicken Momma
- Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, and I'm super excited, received my chickens in Nov.
- How many chickens do you have right now? 3.
- What breeds do you have? Mixed Barred Rock(Daddy)/ Malay (Mom)
- What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Hoping for eggs, loving the personalities.
- What are some of your other hobbies? I love animals, I have many, I also love crafts, cross stitch, canning, baking and learning new things.
- Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I'm an empty nester, my son is almost 23 and married to an amazing young women that I'm proud to have in our family, so I'm finding new ways to stay busy. The love of my life, hubby, and I have been married 20 years. I share my life also with some amazing animals, 6 rescue cats that suffer from feline leukaemia and live in a cat Utopia I created (Yang, Midnight, Montgomery, Tiger,Tanner, and BW) 1 cat named Lillie I rescued years ago, 1 dog named Onyx that has a mischievous personality, 2 Pot bellied pigs that needed new homes and give us so much joy since we got them( Frankenstien, Patches), and Last but not least our three new Chicks, gender unknown so names will come later. I just love them to pieces.
- Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I found BYC while googling chicken questions about a week ago, decided to join since I keep finding answers here.