Looking to buy 2 Adult Australorp

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chickenlove2, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Chickenlove2

Chickenlove2 New Egg

Oct 27, 2014
    Hello everyone,

I used to have a Australorp chicken and I really loved it. I would like to buy 2 young female adult Australorp chickens but I don't know where I could get them. Does anyone know at all where I could buy them? I am located in Northern California.
    Thank you very much!

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

I keep Black Australorps. Absolutely love this breed! So docile, gentle and friendly. Big time lap sitters!!

You need to stop by your state thread and chat with your chicken neighbors. Maybe someone nearby knows where you can get some Aussies....https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/25/california-northern

You can also check our Buy Sell and Trade section too....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

Good luck and I hope you can find some Australorps soon!! :)

3. Chickenlove2

Chickenlove2 New Egg

Oct 27, 2014
    Thank you so much for your info. That is so nice of you. I will do some research and I hope will be lucky to get some Australorps.

Thanks again.Liz

4. Chickenlove2

Chickenlove2 New Egg

Oct 27, 2014
    Hi again,

I am a little challenged here and i can't figure out how to post on the Buy/Sell, Trade site.
    Could you please give me a hint? Thank you!

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome, you have been given good links. I would think someone in California - maybe near you, has them . Black Australorps have a good reputation as layers and also as a dual purpose (meat) breed.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You might also try putting "BLack Australorps" in the search box. There may be a breed thread for them and you would discover who has them.

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join us. You've been given some good links and advice by the other BYC members. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed; extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of them), and the best layers of the standard, brown egg laying breeds. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your Australorps.

9. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

The other posters have given you some good advice. I hope you can find some Australorps!

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] We're glad to have you.

You've received some good advice already.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by