Looking to buy 2 Adult Australorp

Chickenlove2

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 27, 2014
Hello everyone,

I used to have a Australorp chicken and I really loved it. I would like to buy 2 young female adult Australorp chickens but I don't know where I could get them. Does anyone know at all where I could buy them? I am located in Northern California.
Thank you very much!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I keep Black Australorps. Absolutely love this breed! So docile, gentle and friendly. Big time lap sitters!!

You need to stop by your state thread and chat with your chicken neighbors. Maybe someone nearby knows where you can get some Aussies....https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/25/california-northern

You can also check our Buy Sell and Trade section too....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

Good luck and I hope you can find some Australorps soon!! :)

Thank you so much for your info. That is so nice of you. I will do some research and I hope will be lucky to get some Australorps.

Thanks again.Liz

Hi again,

I am a little challenged here and i can't figure out how to post on the Buy/Sell, Trade site.
Could you please give me a hint? Thank you!

Welcome, you have been given good links. I would think someone in California - maybe near you, has them . Black Australorps have a good reputation as layers and also as a dual purpose (meat) breed.

You might also try putting "BLack Australorps" in the search box. There may be a breed thread for them and you would discover who has them.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join us. You've been given some good links and advice by the other BYC members. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed; extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of them), and the best layers of the standard, brown egg laying breeds. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your Australorps.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

The other posters have given you some good advice. I hope you can find some Australorps!

Back
Top Bottom