Looking to find a home for my 2 month old chick

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by chickneedshome, Dec 2, 2012.

1. chickneedshome

chickneedshome New Egg

Dec 2, 2012
    [​IMG]Hello
    Desperately seeking a home for little Buddy!!
    I rescued a 2 month old emerald feathered chicken. I believe it is a boy. I cannot keep him due to landlord issues and local laws. I am in Atlanta Ga and will give him free to a great home. He is obsessed with people. I have his food as well.
    Willing to drive to you or a farm in order to make sure he goes somewhere safe.
    Please help me find a home for Buddy. If you know of anyone near Atlanta Ga that can help me find a home please contact me!
    Elizabeth

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

Try posting your bird in the Free Rehoming section, and in the Georgia thread. Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hi, Elizabeth and [​IMG]! I'm in agreement with 1muttsfan. Best of luck finding them a good home!

4. The Howards

The Howards Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi and welcome, good luck finding your buddy a good home

5. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] I agree with the above advise.

6. overthetop

overthetop Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2012
    South Carolina
    You say you "believe he is a boy" - do you know for sure if he is a boy or a girl? If "he" is a girl, I can/will take "him" - I'm near Greenville, SC.
    (and I guarantee you, she would have a wonderful home - we have the most spoiled happy chickens in all of South Carolina without a doubt!!!)
    Unfortunately I just can't take a boy right now, because I have one very handsome Man chicken already, and I don't think he would share his 7 girls.

But I would love to help you - I was once in your the same situation - I rescued a Silkie hen and 2 roosters (they were tiny "peeps" and I didn't know they were roosters at the time) from a plant nursery where I am pretty sure they were intended to be well, sorry if this is too real, but snake food...... :-(
    anyway, I did ultimately end up finding them all a good home in the country (I lived in a subdivision at the time!!!!). SO hang in there, someone will be able to help you out. I'll keep my ears open and look around for anyone around here who can take him if "he's" not a girl......

7. hapjr

hapjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    seneca sc
    Im near clrmson sc i will take him ot her

8. overthetop

overthetop Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2012
    South Carolina
    Oh, great news, hapjr!!! You're closer to Atlanta than I am, and you can take even a boy! I can't have another boy - Gideon wouldn't hear of it!

9. Chickenman61

Chickenman61 New Egg

Nov 25, 2012
    I would gladly take him, but, unfortunately, i'm stuck here in Ohio, as we say.How did you come across him?

10. The Dawg

The Dawg New Egg

Oct 19, 2012
    NE GEORGIA
    Did you find him/her a home? I'm close to Gainesville, & I'd take him/her if you haven't found a home yet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by