Looking to obtain pheasant eggs to hatch and release on family farmland. I can hatch 41 eggs in my incubator.

HappyHappyHappy

Songster
9 Years
Apr 20, 2013
hour North of Indy
Hi I am from Central Indiana and am looking to experiment with hatching pheasants to release on my family farms. I can hatch 41 eggs in my incubator any idea where the best place to get fertile eggs closest to where I am located.

First, you will need a gamebird permit to raise the pheasants. Second, better check with the Indiana DNR, to see if it's legal for residents to release pheasants or other gamebirds, unless your associated with a conservation club or hunting club. I think they require a 5 day 'grace' period to get a permit....in other words, you have 5 days to obtain a permit from the time you aquire a single bird or many birds.

MacFarlane, Stromburgs, and Cackle Hatchery sell chicks, might be better than hatching from eggs if you going to release them....eBay has many sellers with ringnecked pheasant eggs forsale.

Hi I am from Central Indiana and am looking to experiment with hatching pheasants to release on my family farms. I can hatch 41 eggs in my incubator any idea where the best place to get fertile eggs closest to where I am located.
i would glkadly give you melanistic eggs. They are a ringneck but survive a lot better in the wild. I am south of south bend near Plymouth

Back
Top Bottom