Looking to rehome 13 Laying Hens!!!

cstronks

Songster
Mar 12, 2013
New Jersey
I am looking to rehome my flock of 13 laying hens. I have 1 jersey giant/australorp mix, two Buff Orpingtons, two Partridge Rocks, and 8 Rhode Island Reds! The flock lays about 10-12 eggs a day and has been at my house for 3 years. All the birds are calm and on the quieter side, and were recently dewormed. I would prefer to move all of the birds together if possible.

I love these birds, but I will be leaving home soon and I do not want to stick my parents with my chicken house. All birds are healthy and friendly, but they aren't too easy to handle. Unfortunately having such a large number made training them a bit of a challenge - but they are completely used to people.

I am NOT asking for any money here. This is more of an adoption of incredibly productive laying hens in their prime years. I want my hens to go to a proper home with a relatively experienced chicken owner. I have no problem giving the birds to a new owner, as older birds are easier to manage, but if they are going to be integrated into a new flock then I would prefer the person to have experience.

Feel free to send any questions via pm or post them directly on this forum. I am hoping to move the birds soon! Thanks!

Hi,

My husband and I just moved to South Mississippi on five acres.We are now two miles from our three grandchildren. I had chickens at home when I was growing up and we are looking to get some now that we have a decent size property. We would love to help find a new home for your chickens if you can ship them to us.

Please let me know by email. [email protected]

Thanks,
Carole

UPDATE - I should have been more clear in the classified ad - I do not want to ship the birds. By ship to the Tri-State area, I meant I would entertain the idea of driving to meet somebody and hand off the chickens. Shipping across the country would be super expensive and I am not willing to pay any of those costs.

Sorry for any confusion.

I live in central Pa. I know you said you wanted experience owner but I know what I'm doing. I would be interested treated in 4 road island reds.

I would be willing to take all 13 and keep them all together. They would be integrated with a smaller flock but that is no concern, I am familiar with introducing chickens. I am very close to the Delaware Water Gap area and would be willing if possible to meet. Please respond - thank you for your time.

I am also an experienced backyard chicken owner.

I am looking to rehome my flock of 13 laying hens.  I have 1 jersey giant/australorp mix, two Buff Orpingtons, two Partridge Rocks, and 8 Rhode Island Reds!  The flock lays about 10-12 eggs a day and has been at my house for 3 years.  All the birds are calm and on the quieter side, and were recently dewormed. I would prefer to move all of the birds together if possible.

I love these birds, but I will be leaving home soon and I do not want to stick my parents with my chicken house.  All birds are healthy and friendly, but they aren't too easy to handle.  Unfortunately having such a large number made training them a bit of a challenge - but they are completely used to people. 

I am NOT asking for any money here.  This is more of an adoption of incredibly productive laying hens in their prime years.  I want my hens to go to a proper home with a relatively experienced chicken owner.  I have no problem giving the birds to a new owner, as older birds are easier to manage, but if they are going to be integrated into a new flock then I would prefer the person to have experience.  

Feel free to send any questions via pm or post them directly on this forum.  I am hoping to move the birds soon!  Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom