Looking to start up

Newchickenguy84

Chirping
May 15, 2018
NE TN
Hello,

I'm looking to start up with Emu and/or Ostriches. The problem I am having is finding someone near me that has them for sale or if they do shipping them. I live in NE TN, I'm willing to drive no more then 100 miles. I do know that Ostriches are now out of season but if anyone knows anyone please let me know. I will also not be looking again until after the 1st of the year due to holidays.

Thank You

Nick

Would you be willing to hatch eggs? Lots of hatcheries probably have hatching eggs, you could always check craigslist too. Craigslist might have some babies or adults if you're lucky, but it will most likely also have hatching eggs. I would send some links, but I live in CA so most of them would probably be too far away from you. I've seen emus for adoption too...

A lot of the places I have found have been in CA. There is a big breeder in CO they want 1500 per 2 month old. I would hatch eggs but I've looked at the price of incubators they are not cheap at least the ones I've seen. I know this year was about a 30% yield for Ostriches hatching.

Back
Top Bottom