looks like a crack in an uncracked egg????

It's never too late to seal a crack. You might not have to but doing so won't be detrimental. I sealed my last crack that came to me cracked that looked like it had lost some moisture, the crack seemed moist. I sealed it and it hatched well.
It might have hatched just fine if I hadn't sealed it but I'm still glad I did.
Hopefully I'll have the same luck!!!! :)

there is no harm in using a little bit of candle wax to seal the affected area. Just light a tealight, let a few drops cover it, it will dry and harden in seconds.
Do it while candling to see where and don't drop it.
I just tried to explain that to someone...but I think they went with the other persons advice to use another piece of eggshell and nail polish -.-

I hatched an egg that had an indent in the aircell, I put liquid bandaid over it to be safe but I'm not sure how affective it was. Regardless, it hatched when many others did not.

How did your hatch go?

16/36 :( not great, but it is my first hatch, plus I think only 27-30 were actually fertile. About 8 or 9 quit around days 14-17, and another 5 quit on days 18-20. most of my cracked eggs hatched, but my severely cracked one with a hole made it to day 18 and quit. One shrink wrapped, an unfortunate consequence of me opening the incubator because one of the newly hatched chicks had been strangling itself with its membrane & umbilical cord and needed immédiate assistance. I think it will go better next time, I learned some things the hard way.
So I have 7/12 black copper marans, 5/12 buff laced Polish, and 4/12 silkies. Honestly I was worried that none would hatch so I’m still pretty satisfied with it all. The chicks are all healthy and active, with one chick with deformed feet- she is still thriving and eating and moving, just walks with a bit of a different gait.

Back
Top Bottom