Loose stools ETA: false alarm

darkbyrd

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
Pisgah Nat'l Forest, GRD
I have 10 pullets in my brooder right now, I think they are almost 2 weeks old now (got them from TSC). I've never caught the culprit, but someone has loose, watery stools. They have been eating non-medicated chick starter (20%), grit, bread crusts (whole-grain wheat bread), worms and grass outside (once so far) and a little bit of veggies (kitchen waste). Almost all of the poop in the box seems normal, it's only every so often I see this dark watery one. Do I have a disease outbreak starting? Help!

ETA: I checked http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0 (the "infamous" poop pictures) and I found ones that looked like what I was seeing, probably ceacal poops. Just a new chickie daddy getting worked up for nothing, again. Thanks for looking though!

Last edited:
I have similar stuff going on with my 1 week olds, some have solid poo and a couple have this dark brownish red squirts... Probably stress from me picking them up and washing their butts...

I did add some Sav-a-Chic to their water this morning to see if it helps, but it is probably all normal and I am stressing for nothing.

I still get up a couple times a night to make sure everyone is okay ...

Back
Top Bottom