loosing feathers

henhouse

Hatching
12 Years
Oct 30, 2007
mora mn
I have some old chickens and they have lost there feathers and don't seem to grow them back its on there backs and wing most of them have lost all their tail feathers as wel:/l. at first i thought maybe it cause they were getting old. but i have some that i got this spring they are in a different barn and now they have started doing the same thing don't kw what causes this. can anyone help me with this.
hmm.png

Last edited:
More info may help.

What is their diet, ages, living quarters, how much room they have, treats, types, and rooster/hen ratio.

Could be picking on each other, boredom, something wrong with nutritional balance, lice and so on.

diet is cracked corn and egg leyer feed thats in front of them 24 7 there shed is a 12x14 and there is 35 hens and 1 rooster in there they are a mix of white and brown leghorns. as for treats we give them popcorn, old bread, sunflower seeds, potato peels,
I have some that a 2yrs old in a different shed and some that we got in june of this year. nad its happening to both of sets of them. both sheds are about the same size not as many of the older ones left . we do leave a light on in there all night for them makes the shed little wormer for them so my husband thinks. I just don't remember this happening to my grandmas chicken we had chickens a i was growing up so i don't know what to do and my grandma is no longer with us.

Back
Top Bottom