Los Angeles chickens in need of new home - FREE

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by zachlenz, Sep 5, 2013.

1. zachlenz

zachlenz New Egg

Sep 5, 2013
    Hi,

I recently purchased my first home and the sellers had 23 chickens. I'm looking for a home for all of them. They don't all have to go to the same place, as long as it's a good home. I'm new to urban farming and am concentrating on the gardening side of things, chickens and my two dogs just aren't working out, so sadly i'd like to find them a new home.

They're great egg layers (for the little i know), i get around 14-20 eggs per day on average. i'm still new to all this so not sure of the breed, they seem to be of quite the variety.

i'm in the Tujunga area up above the 210 freeway.

thanks
    Zach

2. Merry Lew

Merry Lew Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2013
    Can you take pictures of some of them?

3. newbie32

newbie32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2013
    Low Desert, CA
    I will take any Orpingtons or Plymouth rocks! Please take pics first please. We need to see the condition of the birds.

4. ChickensRDinos

ChickensRDinos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2012
    Los Angeles
    1 person likes this.
  5. zachlenz

zachlenz New Egg

Sep 5, 2013
    thanks for all the replies, will post pics tomorrow. not sure on the breeds....couple of white ones, a lot of red ones, and some black ones and some that are grey/black sorta speckled.

6. zachlenz

zachlenz New Egg

Sep 5, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Auscal

Auscal Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2010
    I am unable to use those links to view the photo's - the link goes to a g-mail login page.

8. zachlenz

zachlenz New Egg

Sep 5, 2013
    oh sorry about that, they showed fine on my end, didn't realize all you saw was a link. I wasn't sure how to post pics. i'll send them to the personal emails people sent me. if you'd like to see pics, send me your email. thanks!

9. zachlenz

zachlenz New Egg

Sep 5, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. birdmaniac3000

birdmaniac3000 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    los angeles
    8im in los angeles I wsh I was cloer I would of taken a few hens im not to piky on breeds

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by