Losing it at the end of day 20 *** We got a PIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FrontPorchIndiana, Apr 14, 2008.

1. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    [​IMG] If the little buggars would just peep or something I'd be happy. Any sign of life really. I don't care if they want to stay in their shell a little longer. I'm okay with that. But for crying out loud send me a sign that you're ALIVE!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'd kill for x-ray vision right about now.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

How's your temp and humidity holding right now, Christine? I'm keeping you busy here, you see, LOL.

3. FrontPorchIndiana

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Temp is between 101 and 102 top of egg (still air) and humidity is 65%.

4. speckledhen

Sounds perfect to me! [​IMG] They're just making their new mom pull her hair out.

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    They will wait til right before bed time for you and then make a pip [​IMG] That way you won't get any sleep all night long!...

6. speckledhen

Remind me, Christine, what did I send you beside pure Barred Rocks?

7. FrontPorchIndiana

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    I keep trying to tell myself that they're fine. I reassure myself that I did everything I was supposed to. But there's a small speck of doubt in the back of my mind that's drivin' me nutso. [​IMG]

I'm starting to think I might be too much of a control freak for this hatching stuff. A girlfriend asked if I was sleeping next to the incubator. My eyes got big and I thought "No, but I will be now!" [​IMG]

8. FrontPorchIndiana

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:One of Charlotte's is still in the running. I had a few buff orp mix and a silkie cochin mix, but they didn't make it. Well, I still have one of Ginger's in there just cause I wanted it so bad and I'm praying for a miracle. All the pure Barred Rocks except two are still plugging away in there and looked really good on Saturday.

I also have a half dozen WC Black Polish from Crunchie, they were the ones who seemed smallish the other day.

9. speckledhen

Well, at least Charlotte's baby is still in there. Hers are so cute with their little beards, LOL. And the Barred Rocks are my favorite breed. Crossing fingers for at least one pip before you pass out in bed tonight.

10. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Hang in there! I didn't see or hear nada on Day 20 until about 11:30 pm at night. I'd been staring at them and putting my ear to the bator and checking temp & humidity every 15 mins or so. So when I finally heard a peep I had to go get dd to ask her to come to the basement w/ me. She says why.......... do you think it's in your head? LOL!!!! She knows me all to well.

Good luck! It really does seem like the little buggers always want to hatch at bedtime. Keep us posted! [​IMG]

Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by