Lost half our flock

mamaofmany

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2017
We lost half our flock because my fiance had the bright idea of leaving his dog on her lead while we were gone for 8 hours.

I'm still not over it. We got a 350lb lead and new rules. But the tragedy hit me hard. :(

I'm very sorry for your loss. Perhaps a good fence to separate them when you have to be gone? It doesn't bring them back, but it may save future heartache. :(

We lost half our flock because my fiance had the bright idea of leaving his dog on her lead while we were gone for 8 hours.

I'm still not over it. We got a 350lb lead and new rules. But the tragedy hit me hard. :(
Its Tough----Sorry about that. Its tougher that its your own dog instead of a stray or neighbors---I know. Now, you got several things you can do----keep them apart so it does not happen again or get rid of the chickens or the dog, or break the dog---should it ever happen again. A lot will say that's normal for a dog----I say---yep and he will do it again and again if he is not trained that is not acceptable. Good Luck

So sorry for your loss, how awful! I used to raise my puppies to respect the chickens, but now I've got really good fencing, and rescue dogs that can't get out there to enjoy 'chicken dinner'. It takes serious persistent training, or safe containment, or both. Mary

a good dog doesn't have to be trained for that.

regardless of what anthropomorphism teaches people there are good dogs, and there are bad dogs...just like there are good people and there are bad people. i don't make the rules.

but fortunately you can get rid of bad dogs.

a good dog doesn't have to be trained for that.

there are good dogs, and there are bad dogs...just like there are good people and there are bad people. unfortunately i don't make the rules.

but fortunately you can get rid of bad dogs.
I'm not even going to get into how flawed ypur logic is if you think she should shoot her dog because it went after chickens when it wasn't raised around them you need help bud

it wasn't her dog, and i will take all the help i can get.
It's like saying if a dog that was never trained to sit and you tell it to sit and it doesn't it's just a stupid dog it should automatically know and her fiancé dog is ya pretty much her dog she's about to spend to rest of her life with him I hope you don't own very many animals cause you know nothing about them sadly

Back
Top Bottom