Lost Heat

I agree with everyone else...may delay the hatch by a half day to a day but they should hatch, unless as @Texas Kiki noted, do you have calibrated, reliable thermometers in the bator and not using the manufactures built in thermometer, which are notoriously unreliable or accurate.

It takes quite awhile for the internal temperature of the egg to drop to lethal levels.

Well it’s actually a diy styrofoam incubator! It’s a humidity thermometer from Home Depot (used for green houses) that seems to be pretty accurate. Trying to keep it at 50-70% humidity, 99-100 degrees

:welcome :frow I too have had a similar thing happen. My incubator got down to 78 and I didn't know for how long because it happened some time during the night. I candled a few and saw some movement. I still had a good hatch. I would wait a bit it may take a couple of extra days for them to hatch. My latest to hatch was day 25. Good luck and have fun...

I have not had good hatches with that high of humidity during incubation but the humidity does need to be around 70% during lock down. I have several styrofoam incubators and a DIY styrofoam one I made. I now use them as hatchers. If you can hatch in one of those you can do it in about anything with the right conditions. Good luck and have fun...

I have not had good hatches with that high of humidity during incubation but the humidity does need to be around 70% during lock down. I have several styrofoam incubators and a DIY styrofoam one I made. I now use them as hatchers. If you can hatch in one of those you can do it in about anything with the right conditions. Good luck and have fun...

Yes I have kept it 40-50% during incubation, and keeping it up to 70% during this lockdown! Thank you I hope I at least get one :)

Well it’s actually a diy styrofoam incubator! It’s a humidity thermometer from Home Depot (used for green houses) that seems to be pretty accurate. Trying to keep it at 50-70% humidity, 99-100 degrees
That's way too high humidity. Lower it down closer to 35%.

I had a 16 hour power outage and all Duck eggs hatched successfully and last night had a 5 hour power outage and my chicken eggs are doing great still today too..Definitely don't worry. Think of wild birds that have a predator after the nest. Momma will leave for hours before she returns to check if eggs are okay. Eggs are pretty tough..

Back
Top Bottom