Lost my candler.....flashlights?

I stood looking at flashlights a looong time before I picked one out.
It's really confusing.

I have one that has 115 lumens. What does that mean?
idunno.gif

It was the highest lumen count flashlight there.

What I did was: I had one of the Silver clamp heat lamp thingies hanging around, so I put a plain 60 watt bulb in, and cut a small hole in the middle of a piece of cardboard, then taped it to the dome opening, so the light only shins through the hole. If you point the lamp upwards, you can just set the egg on the hole, and have hands free viewing!

24137_img_3734.jpg

This is sideways, but I'm just too lazy to fix it tonight, but you get the idea.

24137_img_3731.jpg

That last post is similar to my lost candler that I found lol. I found a small light base (was made for displaying fancy painted bulbs for christmas) but any light base that sits flat would work if its small. I put this inside of a coffee can, ran the cord out thru a hole in the top of the can, and covered the whole top and sides of the can with black electric tape. I then put a small hole in the center of the top of the can, that my egg sits on. Works wonderful but was considering the flashlight method for when I want to candle a broody's eggs...I dont have electric in my coops.

Back
Top Bottom