Lost my first one....

mossyoakpro

Songster
Jun 9, 2022
South Georgia
Most folks know that I have been free ranging all day every day since my flock was old enough to do it on their own....I came home today and the feathered friends did not greet me like they normally do so I started looking for them. After a short search I noticed they were scattered and under all the bushes and anything else they could fit under. After a head count and a search I found the victim of a hawk attack....funny how I always considered them "livestock" but I was kinda sad to see her go.

Anyway they will be locked away for a couple of days until he loses interest or the purple martins run him off....there will be a bunch of angry birds when their door does not open in the morning.

Most folks know that I have been free ranging all day every day since my flock was old enough to do it on their own....I came home today and the feathered friends did not greet me like they normally do so I started looking for them. After a short search I noticed they were scattered and under all the bushes and anything else they could fit under. After a head count and a search I found the victim of a hawk attack....funny how I always considered them "livestock" but I was kinda sad to see her go.

Anyway they will be locked away for a couple of days until he loses interest or the purple martins run him off....there will be a bunch of angry birds when their door does not open in the morning.
I can see you're hurting more than your words show. It hurts a lot. Nobody will blame you for fixing your problem.

Sorry for your loss.

If you don’t have a secure run for the girls, you may want to consider it for times like these. When you have a need to keep them safe but they need some fresh air, even a small secure run is a good thing.

Free ranging does bring in the predators for the easy pickings, unfortunately.

Sorry for your loss.

If you don’t have a secure run for the girls, you may want to consider it for times like these. When you have a need to keep them safe but they need some fresh air, even a small secure run is a good thing.

Free ranging does bring in the predators for the easy pickings, unfortunately.
They have the best of everything fortunately....Their run is secure as my house! LOL

They are just so used to the auto door opening every morning for the past several months that they are not very happy today or tomorrow....I'll probably not let them back out until Tuesday morning. Maybe he will have lost interest by then or the purple martins will have run him off.

Back
Top Bottom