Lost my Lemon Curd Recipe

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by jomoncon, Dec 1, 2014.

1. jomoncon

jomoncon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    I recently had a computer failure and lost all of my collected recipes. Yes I know, I should have been doing backups, but I didn't. I'm slowly getting back the recipes that I had collected over the years. The one that I can't seem to find is my Lemon Curd recipe. You were able to water-bath can it. It called for whole eggs, about 4, I think, butter, sugar, lemon juice. It was cooked in a double boiler. It made about 3 cups worth that I canned in 4 ounce jars.

Most recipes that I've looked at call for just egg yolks, or a combination of whole eggs & yolks, Most cannot be canned. I really miss this recipe. Can anyone help?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  2. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
  3. jomoncon

Sep 24, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Thanks, I'll take a look at it & give it a try.

4. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Here's a recipe from a book I've got, haven't tried it myself.

3 lemons
    200g fine sugar
    85g unsalted butter
    3 large eggs

Grate the zest and squeeze juice out of the lemon. Combine the zest, juice, butter and sugar in a metal bowl held over a pot of slowly boiling water. Give the eggs a gentle whisking and add them to the rest of the mix (through a strainer). Let the mix heat up, stirring it all the time. After about 15-20 minutes it should stick to the back of a ladle, at this point you can transfer it to clean, heated jars to conserve it.

5. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
  6. jomoncon

Sep 24, 2010
    New Orleans, LA

vehve, this looks like the recipe I had. I'll give it a try.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by