Lost my Lemon Curd Recipe

jomoncon

Songster
10 Years
Sep 24, 2010
New Orleans, LA
I recently had a computer failure and lost all of my collected recipes. Yes I know, I should have been doing backups, but I didn't. I'm slowly getting back the recipes that I had collected over the years. The one that I can't seem to find is my Lemon Curd recipe. You were able to water-bath can it. It called for whole eggs, about 4, I think, butter, sugar, lemon juice. It was cooked in a double boiler. It made about 3 cups worth that I canned in 4 ounce jars.

Most recipes that I've looked at call for just egg yolks, or a combination of whole eggs & yolks, Most cannot be canned. I really miss this recipe. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Here's a recipe from a book I've got, haven't tried it myself.

3 lemons
200g fine sugar
85g unsalted butter
3 large eggs

Grate the zest and squeeze juice out of the lemon. Combine the zest, juice, butter and sugar in a metal bowl held over a pot of slowly boiling water. Give the eggs a gentle whisking and add them to the rest of the mix (through a strainer). Let the mix heat up, stirring it all the time. After about 15-20 minutes it should stick to the back of a ladle, at this point you can transfer it to clean, heated jars to conserve it.

Here's a recipe from a book I've got, haven't tried it myself.

3 lemons
200g fine sugar
85g unsalted butter
3 large eggs

Grate the zest and squeeze juice out of the lemon. Combine the zest, juice, butter and sugar in a metal bowl held over a pot of slowly boiling water. Give the eggs a gentle whisking and add them to the rest of the mix (through a strainer). Let the mix heat up, stirring it all the time. After about 15-20 minutes it should stick to the back of a ladle, at this point you can transfer it to clean, heated jars to conserve it.

vehve, this looks like the recipe I had. I'll give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom