Lost quail

funsized72

Songster
6 Years
Jul 19, 2014
SF bay area CA
I had 6, 4-5 week quail chicks in their house outside enjoying the sun. I left for a bit to hang out with friends, when i came back they knocked off the top of their house and 4 of them disappeared
hit.gif
. Now I'm left with 2 Quails one male and one female. What am I suppose to do
barnie.gif
? I have 3 adult males and 11 females. And my adult males are unfertile, but I'm waiting and seeing if this is really true.

i lost the last two a few mins ago and my dog was with me and I said, "Go find!" She wagged her tail like an idiot. I found them while she milled around happily between my legs. At least my other dog is more trying in finding them but he wasn't there. Good thing cuz I would have found two dead quails.

They sell these wire live "rat traps" at harbor freight for less than $10. I leave them out with feed inside them and sometimes catch the ones that escape in there. The reason it works so well is that the trip wire for the trap is on the ceiling hanging down and they walk right into it. You'll lose them now and then if you keep raising them.

well Its seems my dog can find them now because my aunt found two mauled quails. I mean on the bright side, that means 2 are still surviving. Im going to keep Ella in side for a few days and i set out food and water for them. Ella probably got them when they wanted to drink cuz i set out water before.

Any time I've had an escapee they come back to their covey. They don't feel safe without their fellow quail. Usually the escaped quail end up right under the cages and are easy to catch.

Back
Top Bottom