Lost two buttons. :/

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Bettacreek, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Well, I moved my white "pair" to a flight cage (just had them in it) and the other pair into my dove's flight cage. After a short while, they all started acting funny. I assumed that they just had to get used to the new cages. Today, one of my whites was dead, and my cinnie RB roo was dead. I hurried up and pulled the last white male, and the female and put them back into one of the old cages. They took a few minutes, then were running around, chirping and drank a LOT of water and were eating shortly afterwards. I'm just glad that they went back to normal so quickly, but, what's the deal? Yes, I was aware that they might act funny for awhile in a new cage, but, to actually die? The food in the dishes seemed to have been eaten, though I know some was kicked out (maybe all, if they died?) The cages were BIGGER, and the one was in the same spot that the smaller cages were put in.

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    wow that really sucks. Maybe they were too scared to drink/eat? that sucks so bad! [​IMG] I am so sorry! I have no input here other than my sympathies [​IMG]

3. farmertank

farmertank Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    Linden TN
    I'm so sorry to hear this. [​IMG] I don't have any advice, but just wanted to give you my condolences(sp?)

Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by