LOTS and LOTS of questions!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by TheBeatlesAddict, Jul 14, 2010.

1. TheBeatlesAddict

TheBeatlesAddict Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2010
    elkhart, indiana
    Just after getting my babies my df and I ran into financial trouble so they have been living in a cheap makeshift home. I just got a new job so we will be building my babies a coop! I am very excited they will finally have a nice place but I don't know where to even start with building it... I know I need 4 walls, a roof, nest boxes and a roost but what else do I need to know/do?

2. TomG

TomG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Lake Oswego
    Feeder, waterer some space for them to run, Have a ball.

3. CheerfulHeart2

CheerfulHeart2 Creative Problem Solver

Apr 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Keep reading around and you will find some great ideas!

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I would start with looking over other BYCers' coop pages: https://www.backyardchickens.com/coopdesigns.html

A
    lot of the thought that goes into the design of these coops, and the things that were included, are explained on these pages. I think looking the coop pages over would give you a lot of great ideas. [​IMG]

5. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:It would be a good idea to check out the "Learning Center" at the top of the page (if you haven't already). There are also lots of helpful "stickies" at the top of each subject page. Take your time and read through that stuff and you will be in good shape to raise your babies!
    Good luck!

6. TheBeatlesAddict

TheBeatlesAddict Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2010
    elkhart, indiana
    Thank you chicken lady. (and everyone else) I found an ADORABLE coop design were gonna do. It kinda looks like a big triangle sitting on the ground

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by