Loud baby chick

Mar 25, 2019
Hello there
Im currently raising 3 newly hatched baby chicks. Theyre all eating and drinking normally, and seem very active.
One of them is specifically loud though, even though the other two are sleeping, it keeps walking around in the coop while chirping. There is food and clean water 24/7 and they also have a heating plate, which they all sleep under.
Ive checked for pasty butt, but that isnt the case.
Is it normal for them to just be loud or should i watch out for something?

Hello there
Im currently raising 3 newly hatched baby chicks. Theyre all eating and drinking normally, and seem very active.
One of them is specifically loud though, even though the other two are sleeping, it keeps walking around in the coop while chirping. There is food and clean water 24/7 and they also have a heating plate, which they all sleep under.
Ive checked for pasty butt, but that isnt the case.
Is it normal for them to just be loud or should i watch out for something?
Is the little one being ostracized? It could be lonely

Sometimes one will act as the sentinel, making distress calls to a presumed mother. They can be loud if cold, but you’d expect them all to make about the same amount of noise. I bet the loud one will settle down with time.
Thank you for the help, I hope it settles down!

Don’t worry! In every baby batch there is always one that is a drama king/queen.:lau They will make noise for no good reason and boy do they have a lung sometimes.I have one of my own right now!they will grow out of it or be extra talkative chickies when they are older.
Glad to hear that its normal:lol: and thank you for your help! It should be fun to have a talkative older chick.

Back
Top Bottom