Loud chicks at night!

Gainesvillechickenlover

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 16, 2008
I have 5 chicks around 8 weeks old I just put them in the hen house about 3 days ago. They roost great, eat great, and play. At night they all gather in one area of the pen and chirp loudly. This last for a while then I finally go out there and put them in the coop and shut the door. They will chirp loudly for awhile then go to sleep. Will they eventually go in for the night on their own. Just curious. I really enjoy this forum I've gotten so much help!!

It will take them a while to learn what to do. Just keep putting them in at night. You might go out at dusk and give them treats in the coop. That will get them used to coming in when they are supposed to!
I kept mine locked into just my coop for about a week before I gave them access to the run. They did not have any problem finding their way back inside. Sleeping on their roost was a different story!

I know exactly what you're talking about! I just moved mine to a bigger brooder. They were fine during the day, but now as the sun is down and it's getting dark, they are freaking out. I had to leave and shut the door! They are quieting down now. OMG, I can't wait to move them out of my house.

Anyway, I think it's a combination of change and the dark. I'm sure they will get used to it. Or I'm making soup.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom