Loud pullet

Rockydoodle

Chirping
May 9, 2023
Hi everyone, I have 4 pullets about to reach laying age, all are quite friendly. One is a white Easter Egger who has become very attached to me.

As soon as I come out the house and she sees me, she starts zooming around the fence with excitement, follows me everywhere when I'm in the yard, sits next to me on the edge of my lawn chair etc. This is all SUPER adorable and I love her, only issue is she's taking to screeching while she's in my presence. It's not just a little bit, it's CONSTANT, LOL! It genuinely sounds like a velociraptor is having a root canal, it's so loud. I feel bad for my neighbors!

My question is: Is she having some sort of separation anxiety?? Or is this because she's due to start laying soon? General excitement? She's always been a bigmouth but the screeching didn't start until a week ago. Hoping she calms down..

Hi everyone, I have 4 pullets about to reach laying age, all are quite friendly. One is a white Easter Egger who has become very attached to me.

As soon as I come out the house and she sees me, she starts zooming around the fence with excitement, follows me everywhere when I'm in the yard, sits next to me on the edge of my lawn chair etc. This is all SUPER adorable and I love her, only issue is she's taking to screeching while she's in my presence. It's not just a little bit, it's CONSTANT, LOL! It genuinely sounds like a velociraptor is having a root canal, it's so loud. I feel bad for my neighbors!

My question is: Is she having some sort of separation anxiety?? Or is this because she's due to start laying soon? General excitement? She's always been a bigmouth but the screeching didn't start until a week ago. Hoping she calms down..
I'm thinking that it's normal.. my cockerel is like that too. He often just follows me around cus I'm usually the one that feeds nd gives them treats. If she's loud now be prepared for more loudness everytime she lays eggs (egg song) it's normal. I'd only be concerned if she seems scared. Can be a sign that there's a predator or danger. Hope this helps :)

I'm thinking that it's normal.. my cockerel is like that too. He often just follows me around cus I'm usually the one that feeds nd gives them treats. If she's loud now be prepared for more loudness everytime she lays eggs (egg song) it's normal. I'd only be concerned if she seems scared. Can be a sign that there's a predator or danger. Hope this helps :)
Thanks good to know at least it's normal 😆

Some birds are just noiseholes. That's what I call my hen Dandelion, who will even jump up on the roost to get closer to my head as she shrieks at the top of her lungs. She even talks while drinking (and chokes, it doesn't stop her) and eating.
LOL! Noiseholes, that's hilarious 😂 Now you've got me wondering what a chicken drinking and clucking sounds like

Back
Top Bottom