"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

They are Sizzles...Silkie + Frizzled Cochin cross.

Here is an adult bird....

I don't know of any other breeders around here other than me. I may have some to sell in about a month.

Chris
That would be awesome! I live close to Shreveport tho.
hmm.png
Do you ship?

That would be awesome! I live close to Shreveport tho.
hmm.png
Do you ship?
I would ship but I actually have an employee that I work with that lives in Shreveport and he makes the drive every other week. So if you wanted I could have him bring them home with him and you could just meet up with him up there.

Chris

Last edited:
Hey there La-yers and BYCers

Howdy doody
frow.gif
to all the new La-yers that have joined recently too, had three or four of ya'll come into the hen house lately if memory serves correctly. anyway here's to all ya'll
welcome-byc.gif

Raining again up here in these mountains of northern Vernon parish LOL I love it, cause it was drier than a popcorn fart here for too long.

Jeff

Hey there La-yers and BYCers

Howdy doody :frow to all the new La-yers that have joined recently too, had three or four of ya'll come into the hen house lately if memory serves correctly. anyway here's to all ya'll :welcome

Raining again up here in these mountains of northern Vernon parish LOL I love it, cause it was drier than a popcorn fart here for too long.

Jeff

Good morning!

I had a baby pea that was hatched on yesterday. Here it is !!!!!!!!!!!!! :celebrate She was hatched under a broody chicken. :D

The other eggs are scheduled to hatch in a staggered order over the next few days. I'll be glad when it's all over. I do NOT want anymore hatches for the rest of the year. I have TOO MANY ANIMALS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :barnie

Last edited:
Congrats on the hatchling Julie! so cute!! Is it a pied? It sort of looks like it has the markings.
I love the little topknots Prince is developing - Amtrak is getting his, too. I have to take updated pics this weekend.

Jim cut the side of the indoor brooder box out & put 1/2 of a window screen in there so the babies can see out. We call it "Chick TV". They are so cute! every time you walk past the utility room door you can see them peering out & when I'm doing laundry in there they talk to me & I talk back. The window screen was $1 at ReStore.

No action from my eggs in lockdown yet - hope everything's OK w/them.

I would ship but I actually have an employee that I work with that lives in Shreveport and he makes the drive every other week. So if you wanted I could have him bring them home with him and you could just meet up with him up there.

Chris
That would be great! pm me when you have them available. I think I should probably ask about price too.
tongue.png
They are truly adorable peeps.

How many breeds of birds do you raise? I just recently purchased 3 Amerucana pullets that turned out to be EE's and two we're roos to boot. I can keep one but the other has to go as I only have 13 ladies. I'm not interested in breeding, just wanted enough eggs for friends & family and a few for color & flair.
yippiechickie.gif
Need a rooster by any chance ;-)?

Congrats on the hatchling Julie! so cute!! Is it a pied? It sort of looks like it has the markings.
I love the little topknots Prince is developing - Amtrak is getting his, too. I have to take updated pics this weekend.

Jim cut the side of the indoor brooder box out & put 1/2 of a window screen in there so the babies can see out. We call it "Chick TV". They are so cute! every time you walk past the utility room door you can see them peering out & when I'm doing laundry in there they talk to me & I talk back. The window screen was $1 at ReStore.

No action from my eggs in lockdown yet - hope everything's OK w/them.

Thanks!

LOL @ Chick TV. That is a Kodak moment. Can't wait to see pics of them.

Sending good vibes your way with the hatch.

I let my 20+ guinea mob loose on this weekend - for the 1st time. I was a nervous wreck. I pictured all of them heading for the woods upon release. They didn't though and I was so thrilled. They have not run away yet. :gig They have been doing good in the chicken yard with the other animals. I hope they keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom