"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Gracie9205

Gracie9205 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    There is a weekly auction in Crowley, LA as well as Dequincy, LA. There are various swaps all over the state, but the Covington swap seems to be the best. There is also a Central Louisiana Poultry Club that is fairly new and looking for members. Good luck!

2. Cajun Chooks

Cajun Chooks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2012
    Lafayette La
    Thanks CatDaddyfro, I'm glad to be home especially for the food.

3. Cajun Chooks

Cajun Chooks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2012
    Lafayette La
    Thanks Gracie, I heard there's 1 in Rayne on Thursday nights but haven't been there or know if it includes poultry. I'll do some checking on that.

4. Gracie9205

Gracie9205 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    Now that you mention it, the one I said was in Crowley might actually be in Rayne [​IMG] I know it's in that general vicinity. Someone will chime in to clear this up Im sure!

5. mzstre

mzstre Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2011
    near Baton Rouge, LA
    :welcome I don't know if anyone has a list of swaps, but there is usually one each month in Covington and Watson. I believe they are still having them in Opelousas as well. I'm sure the folks here who are in your area can provide more info. You've selected some nice breeds. I once considered adding Blue Isbars, but I have run out of space lol!

6. mzstre

mzstre Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2011
    near Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't know what's going on with my computer. The thread didn't update with everyone's posts from today until after I submitted my post. So weird.

I knew someone would be able to provide info about more swaps! :)

7. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    Mornin' La-yers and Byc-ers too. [​IMG]
    Not much happenin' here, yet. Looks to be another warm 90* FALL Louisiana day here. Got to love the deep south huh? could be worse it could be freezing still yet like Ohio or Michigan LOL

Jeff

8. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    OR Wisconsin! -- had "slushy stuff" in the corners of the patio where we were staying Sat morning!
    I am FINALLY home & glad of it! Started to leave Monday but the plane was very broken & there was no way they could figure out how to get me home the same day - there were no connecting flights that I could make - so I ended up driving to my SIL & flying out of Milwaukee yesterday. Got in around 5:00.

Welcome back home Cajun Chooks! sounds like you have a nice selection of breeds!

9. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    Yeah Wisconsin, I knew it was one of those northern most states that had the "slushy stuff" the other day when you were out of kilter there for a spell, LOL

Jeff

10. Celie

Celie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Tickfaw, Louisiana
    Looks like the first one I bought 6 years ago, used, on eBay for $300. Sounds like you got a great deal, but would advise you to get the water (humidity tray) with a a float switch and a reservoir bucket. They really cut down on the checking and filling. Did it come with egg trays? They make trays to hold from 20 to 48 eggs each for chickens, duck, turkey, goose eggs and double stacking trays for quail and such small eggs by the gross. Mind came with the quail trays, which I never used. If you plan to do quail, let me know and I will give you some. They are being stored and I don't plan on hatching quail! [​IMG] Nice & clean looking, great deal, congrats! [​IMG] If you get the fever like I did, it will stay full as long as you have an egg to hatch!
    Hatching is very addicting ![​IMG] LOL I have bought a second one like this, but newer model. Both are GQF sportsmen 1502 models, and look just like yours. I love mine!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by