"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Y'all. I just did the math and have enough time to set some eggs in time to hatch and set again for the Easter hatch along, with even a few days in between! Should I worry with it? I have six SS eggs, could possibly be 12 by Wednesday. I dropped one a minute ago and it was fertile. Then I have lots of pullet eggs. I could set the white layers' eggs, but at last check (breakfast) only one out of six was fertile. Decisions... decisions...

Most hens lay standing up poopping is unavoidable but they don't poop in the nest box to much . Your boxes look great. Now the wait that's the only draw back to them is waiting on the eggs. Pam
I'm glad everyone approves of the nest boxes.
smile.png
Thank you for everyone's opinions. Now to build two more.

morning everyone....

cody a your funny...im sure i could afford you...as for if you could handle the frozen tundra at minus 12...ahhh i dont think you could handle the cold considering your used to that nice warm weather...

morning everyone....

cody a your funny...im sure i could afford you...as for if you could handle the frozen tundra at minus 12...ahhh i dont think you could handle the cold considering your used to that nice warm weather...

Whoa, you can keep that cold weather!

Spotted an egg pipping in the bator on my way out the door to come to work, so hopefully will go home to a few more RIR chicklets! These are Duane Urch lines.

Whoa, you can keep that cold weather!

Spotted an egg pipping in the bator on my way out the door to come to work, so hopefully will go home to a few more RIR chicklets! These are Duane Urch lines.

That's great Terri! Are you going to use wing tags or bands to keep the different lines identified? I watched a video on those wing tags and I think they are great. The rooster we bought has one.

Cody, my hens stand up to lay eggs, they can crap squatting, I don't know if the ceiling has anything to do with crap getting in the nest, keep the nests below the lowest roost.

This is the nest box I built yesterday. The openings are about 16x16x16. I may need to close up the entrances for more privacy. I used 1/2 hardware cloth for the bottoms under the leaves to aid in cleaning. I also may need to lower the ceiling in each nest box. I read that too high of an opening allows the hen to stand up and poop in the box.

Morning all, miserable day isn't it? Not too cold so I'm gonna be doing my chores and relaxing the rest of the day. Tomorrow is the surgeon visit so I'm antsy about that. Gonna get it over with as quick as possible and finish the rehab. I think I'll concentrate on getting my freezer and canning supplies rather than worrying about not having an early garden. That way if necessary, I'll visit the stands and bring back things to can. That will occupy my thoughts. I tend to over think things OCD. :D

Morning all, miserable day isn't it? Not too cold so I'm gonna be doing my chores and relaxing the rest of the day. Tomorrow is the surgeon visit so I'm antsy about that. Gonna get it over with as quick as possible and finish the rehab. I think I'll concentrate on getting my freezer and canning supplies rather than worrying about not having an early garden. That way if necessary, I'll visit the stands and bring back things to can. That will occupy my thoughts. I tend to over think things OCD.
big_smile.png

They're predicting 30% chance of freezing rain here tonight - -now that's going to be miserable! Good luck with your surgeon visit.

All of my tomato seeds were up this morning; I'm running a little bit late this year, just planted them in my mini-dome last Sat.

Back
Top Bottom