"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I used a 12 volt linear actuator from amazon powered by an old computer power supply. It is run by 2 timers and a relay. One timer opens and one closes it. The door is just a cheap cutting board from wally world. I plan on doing a detailed write up soon.

Im so sorry i havent reponded to these before now! Like Lakones said-- ive been busy hatchin her eggs! 38 we got but i lost one campine. Only the second hatcher ive ever lost. I think the problem was low humididy during hatch, both times i didnt step in soon enough because, i was scared i have helped others too soon. Its rough finding that sweet spot.

That is really hard on rare breeds. Unless they import new lines from other countries. The mottling is lack of culling. It's hard to kill a rare breed. I try to sell them to people who don't breed. But eventually you will have to kill a cull.
I'm having a very hard time with my first Biefelder rooster. He's a big sweety. But inbreed too much so I'm selling him to a family for their thanksgiving meal. I may have my first cry over my chickens. But it's part of having and breeding them. Pam

I am so sorry your going through that! :hugs :hugs listen you have my numb still right?! Please call me anytime i dont mind supporting you in that decision! Like tou said; its part of raising them and i understand that with my ducks too. Ive already lined up a buyer, but im bein greedy-- theyre the only birds layin here right now! Im sure glad you and i are able to sell them because eating them after youve raised and proccessed em? Is a whole nother step. Im holdn em still tho like i said, strickly for these eggs, so we have the edibles. Im not getn enuff eggs to sell, i brought in my sign.

No eggs today. Went from 7/day to none. :barnie

How is everyone else doing on egg production?

In your boat luv...

My sign

Pulled up and brought inside.

I'm in converse LA :) Sabine parish!

Welcome!!

The hatch did go well! 37/50 set. There are only 5 BCM one CM and and one BO left in the incubator from lockdown. We thought the BCM were going to have a low hatch rate anyway, but its still disapointing! Lots an lotsa pretty babies though! Everyones learnin to eat an drink well! Better pics are coming soon, as well as new Bresse pics! ive just been SO busy w them babies! Here they are all tugther in my bathtub-- its perfect for day olds!

Im so sorry i havent reponded to these before now! Like Lakones said-- ive been busy hatchin her eggs! 38 we got but i lost one campine. Only the second hatcher ive ever lost. I think the problem was low humididy during hatch, both times i didnt step in soon enough because, i was scared i have helped others too soon. Its rough finding that sweet spot.
I am so sorry your going through that! :hugs :hugs listen you have my numb still right?! Please call me anytime i dont mind supporting you in that decision! Like tou said; its part of raising them and i understand that with my ducks too. Ive already lined up a buyer, but im bein greedy-- theyre the only birds layin here right now! Im sure glad you and i are able to sell them because eating them after youve raised and proccessed em? Is a whole nother step. Im holdn em still tho like i said, strickly for these eggs, so we have the edibles. Im not getn enuff eggs to sell, i brought in my sign.
In your boat luv...

My sign

Pulled up and brought inside.
Welcome!!

The hatch did go well! 37/50 set. There are only 5 BCM one CM and and one BO left in the incubator from lockdown. We thought the BCM were going to have a low hatch rate anyway, but its still disapointing! Lots an lotsa pretty babies though! Everyones learnin to eat an drink well! Better pics are coming soon, as well as new Bresse pics! ive just been SO busy w them babies! Here they are all tugther in my bathtub-- its perfect for day olds!

Thank you so much Turk. Nice to know I have a shoulder if Needed. And back at you. You have my number call anytime for any reason not just emergencys. Glad the hatch went well for you and Lakones. The chicks are so cute. Pam

I ended up buying a bulk order of organic feed. I was given a farm discount it's scratch and peck 40 lb bags. I have 18% Protien layer, 16% Protien , grower and starter. If you feed organic and run out before your next order with azure or just want to try it contact me. It was all fresh milled last week and has a six month shelf life. Thanks Pam

Not chicken-related -- but --- WHOO-HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Christmas IS coming to Louisiana!!!!

Save the date! Blue Bell Ice Cream is beginning phase four on Dec. 21. Phase four includes all of Louisiana and Jackson, Miss., and its surrounding areas. Visit bluebell.com for more information.

Not chicken-related -- but --- WHOO-HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Christmas IS coming to Louisiana!!!!

Save the date! Blue Bell Ice Cream is beginning phase four on Dec. 21. Phase four includes all of Louisiana and Jackson, Miss., and its surrounding areas. Visit bluebell.com for more information.

Thank you for posting this! A friend of mine just posted a picture of her eating Blue Bell on Facebook ( from Texas) .I didn't realize they were doing it in phases. I was in Walmart looking for it and was disappointed that I couldn't find it.Glad to know it should be back soon

I picked the babies up from Turk this morning, all are active and well. Here's a couple of pics...looks like my campine rooster jump into the buff pen a time or two.
1f618.png
1f618.png
1f618.png

These are campines and cuckoo marans.

Back
Top Bottom