"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Anyone selling chicks near Iberia, Lafayette or St. Martin Parish? Would love a brahma or Orpington if those are available.

I have Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks. I live just outside Baton Rouge but we go out your way often. If your interested PM me and im sure we could work something out. Heres one hen and the rooster who covers the flock.

20190314_145926.jpg
20190314_144611.jpg

Here are three of the 10 chicks for sale
20190602_110018.jpg

Thats a light blue and two dark blues. The 10 includes all colors of the andalusian blue principal(blue, light blue, splash and black(all lacing colors ontop of base of red)) these are Not feed store chicks, theyre high bred, Foleys line, first generation. Theyre about 6 wks old right now thatll up the price but ill give a little wiggle room. I can look up the hatch date if your more interested. At that age theyre usually 10$ each because its highly unlikely ud loose any of them as theyre half grown. BYCers always get at least a small discount, even if we havent spoken before

Any breeders of heritage stock here from Lafayette, iberia, Vermillion, St. Mary parishes area or St. Martin? Also anyone of American Breese or biefelder, favorolles as well?

Boy i love the Breese and i miss my flock sorely. im sorry i ment to reply to you also that i do have heritage chicks for sale just not in your requested breeds. Those Wyandottes i just posted though are some real nice things.

As a breed theyre naturally super sweet, theyre occasionally broody and theyre good mothers. They lay well and its a light brown or cream colored large egg

I have Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks. I live just outside Baton Rouge but we go out your way often. If your interested PM me and im sure we could work something out. Heres one hen and the rooster who covers the flock.

View attachment 1813154 View attachment 1813155
Here are three of the 10 chicks for sale
View attachment 1813156
Thats a light blue and two dark blues. The 10 includes all colors of the andalusian blue principal(blue, light blue, splash and black(all lacing colors ontop of base of red)) these are Not feed store chicks, theyre high bred, Foleys line, first generation. Theyre about 6 wks old right now thatll up the price but ill give a little wiggle room. I can look up the hatch date if your more interested. At that age theyre usually 10$ each because its highly unlikely ud loose any of them as theyre half grown. BYCers always get at least a small discount, even if we havent spoken before
Is that breed calm and gentle. I’m looking for kid friendly chickens. since this will be our chickens my kids are super excited and ready to love on them

Is that breed calm and gentle. I’m looking for kid friendly chickens. since this will be our chickens my kids are super excited and ready to love on them

Yes they are! of course there can be exceptions in any breed at any time but i have 3 toddlers so that was one of my requirements also. Our littles are even allowed to play in the yard while the birds free range. Not a single sign of aggression even out of the roo and if he did want to show aggression ive got a freezer and the know how to send him to it. Currently we have a broody hen and she lets me pick her up to collect eggs without pecking me. All that being said i cant guarantee all pullets.

@mixedUPturk Your birds are beautiful, of course @mishka I don't want to mess with your deal with turk, but if you decide you are not interested. I may want a few or so. I realize that no one can guarantee pullets, but I am not that far from you (New Orleans) and wouldn't mind the ride if I could look at the chicks and pick from the ones you wish to sell. Let me know as I think they would be a lovely addition to my flock, even if I am not allowed to Keep a Rooster. :hit
$10 sounds like a good price to me for such lovely birds

@mixedUPturk Your birds are beautiful, of course @mishka I don't want to mess with your deal with turk, but if you decide you are not interested. I may want a few or so. I realize that no one can guarantee pullets, but I am not that far from you (New Orleans) and wouldn't mind the ride if I could look at the chicks and pick from the ones you wish to sell. Let me know as I think they would be a lovely addition to my flock, even if I am not allowed to Keep a Rooster. :hit

Thank you your so kind! If i didnt have such awesome chickens i wouldve considered scratching them for a strictly quail farm. There are lots more young chicks available but those are the eldest who need to go the worst. Im running like 11 pens right now :lau

Well my husband said we won’t close on our property in time for him to build me a chicken coop so we won’t have a place to put the chicks when they get bigger I definitely will love to buy a couple but I’ll have to wait until we move.

Back
Top Bottom