"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I’ve never heard of them.. can you Google them..?
Yes, there's an entire page devoted to them on FB which is where I've been following the story. They are removing the entire heard and they are a genetically unique heard. Separate from the Spanish mustangs from other parts of the us, if I recall correctly. Basically the deal is they should be protected in theory but somehow they've been deemed a nuisance. It's really sad and TBH I had no idea they were there until the process of removing them started. I wish more people would've known about them bc they may have gotten more support. I mean who knew we had our own wild horses here in Louisiana?

Yes, there's an entire page devoted to them on FB which is where I've been following the story. They are removing the entire heard and they are a genetically unique heard. Separate from the Spanish mustangs from other parts of the us, if I recall correctly. Basically the deal is they should be protected in theory but somehow they've been deemed a nuisance. It's really sad and TBH I had no idea they were there until the process of removing them started. I wish more people would've known about them bc they may have gotten more support. I mean who knew we had our own wild horses here in Louisiana?
Thanks.. I’ll try and find them.. I am not on the Facebook...
I can’t believe that they can just get rid of them like that.. that’s a shame! I had no idea we have wild horses.. I def want to find out about them... thanks for sharing that..

Hi there :frow... hope you love your gals as much as I love mine! I just started Spring if 2018...
Soooooo, Monroe huh..? Are you close to West Monroe ;)...? As in.. near my most favorite people in the whole wide world :D
I DO love my girls and I never, ever, in a million years pictured myself owning chickens or being a chicken mom. I am just across the river from West Monroe (twin cities).

Thanks.. I’ll try and find them.. I am not on the Facebook...
I can’t believe that they can just get rid of them like that.. that’s a shame! I had no idea we have wild horses.. I def want to find out about them... thanks for sharing that..

Yw. I'm hoping someone who knows the whole story behind why they are being removed will shed some light for me. I just haven't really found the justification or exact reasoning for it yet. Wish I'd known about them too. I'd have loved to have gone looking for them with my kids.

Back
Top Bottom