"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

celebrate.gif
Congrats on the babies! Any word on our Okkie lavenders?
So far, I don't have goslings in hand but I'm still working on it. She emailed me yesterday and said that she had two colored babies that hatched and that she would have to ship them within 24 hours. I told her that I wanted them but I didn't hear back from her. She will have two more batches hatch in May. She's supposed to let me know what she has when they hatch. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she comes through.

Twiley, those babies are gorgeous!!! There is sometimes a downside to having the "natural incubators". Mechanical incubators are always good because you can always plug them up. Try plugging up a hen.
hmm.png

If I sold all of the broody hens, I could buy me a VERY nice cabinet incubator and then I wouldn't have to worry about future incubating because I would know for sure that I could incubate at any time.
smile.png
yuckyuck.gif
plugging up a hen
lau.gif

Boy, that strawberry wine sure does look scruptious! That's on my "to do list".
droolin.gif

Hello,

New here...we've had chickens since October. We went to a corn maze before Halloween & there was a guy there with a little petting zoo set up, they were so cute! We came home with a white silkie & a polish crested chicken that's black & gold (she's my Saints chicken!) About a month or 2 later, we bought 2 rhode island reds from the feed store. We kept them inside in an ice chest with a heat lamp for a month or 2 while my husband built their coop. They're the coolest pets ever, each with their own personality. The reds have been laying eggs for probably 2 months, and the crested just laid her first egg a few days ago. I was so excited, I started thinking she was a boy, lol.

I look forward to learning more about raising chickens, because I'd love to eventually hatch some as a learning experience for my 3 yr old.

ETA: We live in Ponchatoula.
welcome-byc.gif
So, you want to hatch eggs!! You've come to the right place. You see, we all love hatching poultry/waterfowl, etc. We are more than happy to help you to experience the fun of those cute little fuzzy butts. Let us know what you are looking for and I'm sure that we can help you find it. If it's information you need just post your question and I'm sure that someone will be able to help you out. Enjoy!!

Hello,

New here...we've had chickens since October. We went to a corn maze before Halloween & there was a guy there with a little petting zoo set up, they were so cute! We came home with a white silkie & a polish crested chicken that's black & gold (she's my Saints chicken!) About a month or 2 later, we bought 2 rhode island reds from the feed store. We kept them inside in an ice chest with a heat lamp for a month or 2 while my husband built their coop. They're the coolest pets ever, each with their own personality. The reds have been laying eggs for probably 2 months, and the crested just laid her first egg a few days ago. I was so excited, I started thinking she was a boy, lol.

I look forward to learning more about raising chickens, because I'd love to eventually hatch some as a learning experience for my 3 yr old.

ETA: We live in Ponchatoula.
Welcome & get ready to learn a lot

Hello,

New here...we've had chickens since October.  We went to a corn maze before Halloween & there was a guy there with a little petting zoo set up, they were so cute!  We came home with a white silkie & a polish crested chicken that's black & gold (she's my Saints chicken!)  About a month or 2 later, we bought 2 rhode island reds from the feed store.  We kept them inside in an ice chest with a heat lamp for a month or 2 while my husband built their coop.  They're the coolest pets ever, each with their own personality.  The reds have been laying eggs for probably 2 months, and the crested just laid her first egg a few days ago.  I was so excited, I started thinking she was a boy, lol.   

ETA:  We live in Ponchatoula.  

Welcome to BYC. A lot of great people on here. Will teach you a lot. Hpoe ypo enjoy

Ive been day dreaming of blue eggs for weeks...I *need* a blue and probably a green layer too lol. Somebody shoulda warned me is was gonna get addicted to the girls!
Addicted? Don't worry about it. We're all in the "12 Step Program"... 1 egg, 2 eggs, 3 eggs, ...., 10 eggs, 11 eggs, 12 eggs. There done!!

It's all in the Chicken Math!!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom