"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

That's what I thought but I bought it from the RIR bin. That is why I put quotation marks for her breed. I did however get 2 just below show quality RIR's with her but they were from a local seller outside. The red on them is so deep (almost blackish red) I couldn't think of her as the same breed. TSC knows nothing about breed, heck they gave me a blank look when I asked if they were straight run.
Yeah I know it they got some real winners that work at those farm places I get ****** off ever time I go in those places when they have those chicks out in the water tubs for cows and then put up those 1000 candlepower red lights to try to keep them warm and it runs them all to the other end where it is drafty and all the food and founts are under the lamps scorching hot. DA's and if you try to suggest otherwise then you get that "Brammer calf staring at a new lot gate" LOOK, like who are you and what do you know, huh? "alot more than your overpaid underqualified butt does for sure" is what I want to say but have to just move on. Excuse me for the mini rant I don't like TSC or any of those type places I go to Farmer supplys that actually care and do know a little of about what time it is. LOL

Jeff

Last edited:
I never think about the feathering my roo will produce but just noticed what he can. He had a really bad (calloused) scaley leg mite problem when I got him and has grown feathers on his legs since final treatment for it. I just noticed that 3 of my chicks have furry legs and of those 2 have 5 toes. I don't think much about the silkie in him because he doesn't look like a fluff ball but both of his parents were silkie (mom full and dad half). I can't wait to see what the feathering will look like!
They will be normal feathered silky feathering is a recessive trait therefore both the parent stocks have to be silky to produce silky if it is only half it will always come out normal feathering the feather footing is a dominant trait though.

Jeff

I don't know what dried distillers grains are. Is that what people use to make beer? It was pretty crazy the day that I got them. They obviously come in WHEAT BRAN. My face was burning and my eyes were puffy and itchy. I guess I don't just have reactions when I eat wheat. Crazy!!! I forgot I also added some small millet birdseed I had. Basically I just mixed a little of this and a little of that until it looked "right". I might mix up a big batch so it stays pretty consistent. I haven't had any reactions when dealing with them after I got them out of that initial bedding. I did read about some people being allergic to the worms themselves.
Man, I bet that wan't a lot of fun when you opened up that bag: Ouch.
Yes, distiller grains are the by-product of beer, liquor, and ethanol production. Abita Brewing company isn't too far from me so they are easy to get. The ones you are looking for of course are the dry distillers grains.
I don't know how far apart we live, but if we ever are in the same area at the same time, I would be happy to bring you some: I literally have a small mountain of them after I do my rounds and pick stuff up....lol.

Yeah I know it they got some real winners that work at those farm places I get ****** off ever time I go in those places when they have those chicks out in the water tubs for cows and then put up those 1000 candlepower red lights to try to keep them warm and it runs them all to the other end where it is drafty and all the food and founts are under the lamps scorching hot. DA's and if you try to suggest otherwise then you get that "Brammer calf staring at and new lot gate" LOOK, like who are you and what do you know, huh? "alot more than your overpaid underqualified butt does for sure" is what I want to say but have to just move on. Excuse me for the mini rant I don't like TSC or any of those type places I go to Farmer supplys that actually care and do know a little of about what time it is. LOL

Jeff
lau.gif
clap.gif

Man, I bet that wan't a lot of fun when you opened up that bag: Ouch.
Yes, distiller grains are the by-product of beer, liquor, and ethanol production. Abita Brewing company isn't too far from me so they are easy to get. The ones you are looking for of course are the dry distillers grains.
I don't know how far apart we live, but if we ever are in the same area at the same time, I would be happy to bring you some: I literally have a small mountain of them after I do my rounds and pick stuff up....lol.

The distiller grains likely have wheat included, so that probably wouldn't be a good idea. Our friend brews beer at home. He just gave us his used grains from his last batch. I didn't know it had wheat in it until this morning. And I didn't know that's what you call them (distillers grains). We get beer from him to make soap with. I haven't had any noticeable reaction to the soap though. I don't drink beer, bleck! But it does make fabulous soap. We intended to grind some of the grain and include it in my next beer soap. BUT now that I know it has wheat in it I will have to pass on putting that in my soap!

Now what to do with that bag of "stuff" in the freezer????

And we live near Alex.

I did read online that you can make beer from gluten free grains. Maybe he would do a batch like that if we bought him the kit.

Last edited:
Oh, please be sure to post.  I'm in Covington every weekday dropping/picking up my kids from school.  It's better I have my heart attack now over the price, than in the store.  This way, I'll  have time to "adjust".  :/

It's called natures grown organics it is certified organic. It cost 38 bucks but like I said organic eggs are 5.99. The brand that is organic and pasture raised are 6.99 a dozen. So I feel I get my money back in eggs, good to eat and I can sell for more money. I do wish we could do a co-op or something to get it cheaper. Pam

Quick announcement. Dollar General stores have all of their hard plastic swimming pools reduced from $8.00 to $0.80. Go get some if u need some. I bought out the Opelousas stores. No more pools in Opelousas.

No sooner than I load those does she try to teach them how to scratch again. She is by far my best forager and this seems important to her. She also moved the food bowl, you can see where it used to be by the empty spot and the mess on the wall.

Back
Top Bottom