"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hey guys,

I live in the Baton Rouge area and was wondering if anybody had any "cool breeds" of young chicks right now. I'd be willing to drive up to 30 minutes. I just had a sad hatch (6/38) and wanted the chicks to have some friends.

Thanks!

Welcome! There are several people. Look out for Bugglesmommy, she often has some great breeds available.

Welcome! There are several people. Look out for Bugglesmommy, she often has some great breeds available.

Thanks you! Unfortunately I am a wee bit farther then 30 minutes from N.O. And by wee bit I mean 3 1/2 hours drive past a 30 minute drive. That's why I didn't pipe up. I need to build several pens so I don't have a lot of purebreds right now either. I have a polish pen, some seramas with a rooster that's about to get the boot if I keep getting empty eggs, and most of the rest are running with my sultan roo right now.

That would help, wouldn't it? Right now, when I'm on the 4 wheeler, I'm looking for the neighbor's bull that is on the loose. However, he first ran through my pasture fence into my mare pasture! NOT a happy camper!

My filly that was born Sunday with one eye is doing well. My youngest want to call her Cyclops...NO...I said Lopsy. My oldest wants her racing name to be "I've Got My Eye On You". It's not up to us though, her owner will eventually come up with her "official" name.
Bulls scare me!!! Be careful!

Do you have any pictures of the filly? What happened with the eye? I must have missed that.

Have to write fast... Starry for instant spell check..... Pad keeps crashing.

Your kitty looks so sweet and peacefully so happy for both of you

Understand about the CX, knowing a human end is important. Part of the whole supplying our ou pawn food.

Have you identified the rapture. Limited no that have 5'-6' wing span

To bad, she must feel tarrable having to feed chicken chemicals, just to stay in business. Dose she have a private flock for her families consumption.

I have nothing good to say about the government............ I know people that have come to the country, they rightly do not trust meats they do not know. They want chickes with feathers, goats, sheep, cows they can look in the eye. Or a butcher the know and hold in esteem. Not a faceless multi-inbetweeners. The Moslems and Hebrews are even concerned on how they are butchered, part of the purity of the meat. I found a few weeks a go one place that dose their own butchering, serving the Moslem and orthadox community. They also do not accept any animal that has been feed any growth or chemicals, meds.....

Quote:

Hahaha! It was a big bird, but I don't quite think it's the rapture!
wink.png
lau.gif

Eagles My friend that lives in St. Charles parish sold the few goats he had left, after the eagles killed the others. He though that wild dogs /coyotes might had been killing them until he witnessed it himself. Sold & gave the rest away to get them out of harms way.

That would help, wouldn't it? Right now, when I'm on the 4 wheeler, I'm looking for the neighbor's bull that is on the loose. However, he first ran through my pasture fence into my mare pasture! NOT a happy camper!

My filly that was born Sunday with one eye is doing well. My youngest want to call her Cyclops...NO...I said Lopsy. My oldest wants her racing name to be "I've Got My Eye On You". It's not up to us though, her owner will eventually come up with her "official" name.

Do you have Quarter horses?

I am new to raising Cornish X's and have questions....help lol my chicks are 2 weeks old and have been moved to an enclosure in the barn, which brings me to my first question: do i need warming lights still? the weather is in the 40's for the last few days and i have kept them on also i read something about the lights being a fire hazard is this true? they are currently hung 18 inches above chicks. Second question: i have done some reading on fermented food, i am hoping to feed my chicks this at four weeks old, is this a treat or an everyday thing? also what kind of whole grains should i use? Third question: my layers tail feathers are looking pretty ragged any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom