"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

That is so funny!!!  I wonder how he got his birds to lay down like that!!!

I was wondering the same!
I was once shown the trick, but do not remember. Something to do with this orientation and that chickens can not breath well when on their backs do to small lungs and location, or something like that. I collect weird, strange and facts that are superfluous. This was before I had chickens. Many times I have to look up stuff because I can not remember the thousands of oddities. Sadly I no longer have all the books or collection of articles, clippings and scraps of paper. When I closed out the house I forgot them and the cleaners thru it all out. :hit A life time spent collecting... Now I will never be able to refresh my memory on the "Pee" factor (the time it takes to empty the bladder. All I remember is a ratio between gravity, size of the urethra, and something else and it takes the same amount of time in ALL mammals (healthy normal). The any year the award of "Dumbest Warning Label Created as A Direct Result of a Law Suit". I remember only 2. The label on 3/4 hrs power industrial 1/2" drill, do not use as dental tool, and the one on stroller, remove baby before folding. Every year lawsuit lawyers submit suits they won that are really dumb, they win an award for the dumbest that resulted in a warning label. I can not remember what piece of equipment, I think it was an ATV with label stating warning accidents (or turn overs) may cause fatal injury or death. question, fatal injury is not the same as death? It is so frustrating not to remember details this this important stuff!

Last edited:
Trying to down load but get this
Some images failed to upload:
image.jpg - Error, param staticContentPath is not a directory! [/var/www/html/static.backyardchickens.com/pub//imgrepo]
image.jpg - Error, param staticContentPath is not a directory! [/var/www/html/static.backyardchickens.com/pub//imgrepo]
You can try re-selecting them and uploading again.

I keep reading cooking and eating, and that the milk of the milkweed is poisonous. Confusing. It is in the perpetration. Detoxing the plant. I have read boiling for 10min twice. That must be the detoxing part. There are a lot of plants we eat that have toxic parts.

I was once shown the trick, but do not remember. Something to do with this orientation and that chickens can not breath well when on their backs do to small lungs and location, or something like that. I collect weird, strange and facts that are superfluous. This was before I had chickens. Many times I have to look up stuff because I can not remember the thousands of oddities. Sadly I no longer have all the books or collection of articles, clippings and scraps of paper. When I closed out the house I forgot them and the cleaners thru it all out.
hit.gif
A life time spent collecting... Now I will never be able to refresh my memory on the "Pee" factor (the time it takes to empty the bladder. All I remember is a ratio between gravity, size of the urethra, and something else and it takes the same amount of time in ALL mammals (healthy normal). The any year the award of "Dumbest Warning Label Created as A Direct Result of a Law Suit". I remember only 2. The label on 3/4 hrs power industrial 1/2" drill, do not use as dental tool, and the one on stroller, remove baby before folding. Every year lawsuit lawyers submit suits they won that are really dumb, they win an award for the dumbest that resulted in a warning label. I can not remember what piece of equipment, I think it was an ATV with label stating warning accidents (or turn overs) may cause fatal injury or death. question, fatal injury is not the same as death? It is so frustrating not to remember details this this important stuff!
"Don't use this hairdryer in the bath tub." is always a good one!

I was once shown the trick, but do not remember. Something to do with this orientation and that chickens can not breath well when on their backs do to small lungs and location, or something like that. I collect weird, strange and facts that are superfluous. This was before I had chickens. Many times I have to look up stuff because I can not remember the thousands of oddities. Sadly I no longer have all the books or collection of articles, clippings and scraps of paper. When I closed out the house I forgot them and the cleaners thru it all out.
hit.gif
A life time spent collecting... Now I will never be able to refresh my memory on the "Pee" factor (the time it takes to empty the bladder. All I remember is a ratio between gravity, size of the urethra, and something else and it takes the same amount of time in ALL mammals (healthy normal). The any year the award of "Dumbest Warning Label Created as A Direct Result of a Law Suit". I remember only 2. The label on 3/4 hrs power industrial 1/2" drill, do not use as dental tool, and the one on stroller, remove baby before folding. Every year lawsuit lawyers submit suits they won that are really dumb, they win an award for the dumbest that resulted in a warning label. I can not remember what piece of equipment, I think it was an ATV with label stating warning accidents (or turn overs) may cause fatal injury or death. question, fatal injury is not the same as death? It is so frustrating not to remember details this this important stuff!

My memory comes and goes. Usually when I try to open my mouth and talk. Takes a little longer.
lau.gif
Got all the birds out of the storeroom today. Clipped the right wings and put into the rooster coop with the other 4 babies I had in there. The big boys have pretty much gotten tired of running up and pecking. Now 6 big boys 8 weeks and 6 littles at 4 weeks. For the 4 little girls I have put them in a cage sitting by the coop for both the pullet coop and the rooster coop. That will give me 7 big girls and 4 littles. I have put up the gimpy male that I'm planning on culling tomorrow. First time at home for me. I think I will skin this time because I don't want to fool with the hot water. Still have a lot of trouble with my knee. But I've done a lot of lifting and pulling lately. I've decided to try to practice the caponizing on the dead rooster tomorrow. If I can become proficient I'll have lots to practice on.

My memory comes and goes.  Usually when I try to open my mouth and talk.  Takes a little longer.   :lau     Got all the birds out of the storeroom today.  Clipped the right wings and put into the rooster coop with the other 4 babies I had in there.   The big boys have pretty much gotten tired of running up and pecking.  Now 6 big boys 8 weeks and 6 littles at 4 weeks.   For the 4 little girls I have put them in a cage sitting by the coop for both the pullet coop and the rooster coop.   That will give me 7 big girls and 4 littles.    I have put up the gimpy male that I'm planning on culling tomorrow.  First time at home for me.  I think I will skin this time because I don't want to fool with the hot water.   Still have a lot of trouble with my knee.   But I've done a lot of lifting and pulling  lately.  I've decided to try to practice the caponizing on the dead rooster tomorrow.  If I can become proficient I'll have lots to practice on. 

Let me know how yhe caponing goes. I'm really courious about it.

I went Thurs to the Minnesota State Fair. Will be returning 2 more days. It has been even more exciting because of having chickens and my future prospect of moving. With all my STUFF gone, my house rented, my car rented, I fell soooo much lighter. Yes, at moments I lament getting read of stuff I have collected and kept for years, and all most all my books. But I have not picked them up to reread.

in Oct I think the 23 to Nov 9 is the Louisiana State Fair in Shreveport. I plan on making it there. Being that Louisiana is were the original cowboy tradition started, I am going to make it a point to see at lest 1 rodeo. They were the Creole, Cajun, and in many cases X- Black slaves. I have been so impressed by how proud and aware of the great history of Louisiana their people are. I meat a Louisiana lady that told me that Bulldoging was originated by a famous black rodeo Louisiana cowboy. I looked it up, she was right. The famous Dixie was a bank note on a Louisiana bank, it was very popular because it had the reputation as being as good as gold in a time bank notes were often not worth the paper printed on. Or it was one day then not the next. land of the Dixie I had been once corrected not land of Dixie

I will see you all then, I am so excited. I have reservation at a RV park just West of Sheveport.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom