"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Can you imagine the push the girl that layed this egg had to do to get it out? I bet she was singing the song in APRA
bow.gif

The dark brown egg to the right is extra large and the next one over is a regular large egg and then theres the fart egg
old.gif

And this is a normal size coffee cup, I will be breaking this thing in the morning for breakfast
wee.gif

Went to homedepot with Ron this evening. When we arrived home I went to close coops up. While doing head count I noticed one missing. :hit My black australorpe is missing. I knew I should have stayed home. One of my best layers of large eggs. She had only been laying for about a month. This sucks! I bought a security system but we hadn't installed yet. If any one has Black australorpes for sale let me know. Pam

Went to homedepot with Ron this evening. When we arrived home I went to close coops up. While doing head count I noticed one missing.
hit.gif
My black australorpe is missing. I knew I should have stayed home. One of my best layers of large eggs. She had only been laying for about a month. This sucks! I bought a security system but we hadn't installed yet. If any one has Black australorpes for sale let me know. Pam
he.gif
So sorry. I hate when that happens.
hugs.gif

Great to hear from you. Glad your back!! :hugs Love the new avatar. Pam

Thanks, Pam! I'm glad to be back! :)

Hey Sweetie, glad to hear from you.  I am going to be getting some Basque eggs on the first part of Nov.  Loving it.   I downsized to have only 10 chickens but more is coming.   Swedish Flower Hens on day 20 in 'bator.  Excited.    :celebrate

I've been downsizing too. I'm going to focus more on my BLRW, Bresse, Basque & Olandsk Dwarfs. I have sold quite a few birds over the past few weeks. I thought I was really doing good until I counted them in my head a few minutes ago. Yes, I know each bird I have without doing a physical head count. Anyway, I discovered I have 82 birds left. That's more than I thought I had before I started downsizing lol. Umm, I guess that was denial. Looks like a few more birds need to go. Of course, 7 of those are slated for processing in the next week or 2 (more if I don't rehome a couple of other maturing cockerels). Yikes.

Went to homedepot with Ron this evening. When we arrived home I went to close coops up. While doing head count I noticed one missing. :hit My black australorpe is missing. I knew I should have stayed home. One of my best layers of large eggs. She had only been laying for about a month. This sucks! I bought a security system but we hadn't installed yet. If any one has Black australorpes for sale let me know. Pam

Maybe she'll turn up tomorrow morning. I occasionally have one that I cannot find at nightly lockup, but they usually turn up the next day. I'm crossing my fingers for her return!

Topdog - that's a pretty big egg. It's likely a double yolker. :D

I have a couple of young Crested Cream Legbar cockerels that need a good home if anyone is interested. They would be great to get the blue egg gene in your flock for future generations. They are very sweet and follow me around. Free if someone can meet near WBR or Baton Rouge.

Thanks, Pam! I'm glad to be back! :)
I've been downsizing too. I'm going to focus more on my BLRW, Bresse, Basque & Olandsk Dwarfs. I have sold quite a few birds over the past few weeks. I thought I was really doing good until I counted them in my head a few minutes ago. Yes, I know each bird I have without doing a physical head count. Anyway, I discovered I have 82 birds left. That's more than I thought I had before I started downsizing lol. Umm, I guess that was denial. Looks like a few more birds need to go. Of course, 7 of those are slated for processing in the next week or 2 (more if I don't rehome a couple of other maturing cockerels). Yikes.
Maybe she'll turn up tomorrow morning. I occasionally have one that I cannot find at nightly lockup, but they usually turn up the next day. I'm crossing my fingers for her return!

Topdog - that's a pretty big egg. It's likely a double yolker. :D

Thanks Mzstre I hope thats the case. I've never been lucky like that tho. I hope thats the case and my luck changes. I have Legbars now too. My hens are just starting to lay. I really love this breed and the Bielefelders I got with them. Pam

Last edited:
Where have you been talk about MIA I've missed you so much!! So glad to see that polish crakeing me up face. Have you started your new coop? Pam
No new coop, but I want to expand my run. Add another section with a door, so that I can seperate if needed. The Polish (Tootie and Stinker) have been seperated from the others while they regrow their tail feathers lost in their molt. Someone was picking at them. They are a little ticked right now, however, they are feathering out nicely.

Some lovely birds in those pics.
Ameraucana and EEs....my love hate relationship :)
:gig

There are clues to purity if parentage is an unknown source.

Ameraucana have white skin and slate colored legs.
Bottom of feet will be white.
EEs usually have yellow skin and green, blue, brown, yellow or slate legs.
Ameraucana have pea combs.
EEs can have pea combs...and other combs (cushion, rose, straight, etc)
Ameraucana always lay a blue tinted egg.
EEs usually lay a bluish green egg because that's what people usually seek in the breed so hatcheries breed for that. But they can lay brown, white, green, pink...
Ameraucana lay a smaller egg less ofter than an EE. EEs are better layers of larger eggs.

My EEs ate more heat tolerant than my ameraucana also.
One thing I learned from Angelisi is true amercaunas have the black feet top and bottom. Easter eggers have light color on the bottom of their feet. Easter eggers come in all colors. Most amercaunas are solid colors except a few. Like weaton splash etc. anyone with more questions on this subject ask angelisi. She has a lot of knowledge on this breed. If she's not on site PM her. Pam

Some lovely birds in those pics.
Ameraucana and EEs....my love hate relationship :)
:gig

There are clues to purity if parentage is an unknown source.

Ameraucana have white skin and slate colored legs.
Bottom of feet will be white.
EEs usually have yellow skin and green, blue, brown, yellow or slate legs.
Ameraucana have pea combs.
EEs can have pea combs...and other combs (cushion, rose, straight, etc)
Ameraucana always lay a blue tinted egg.
EEs usually lay a bluish green egg because that's what people usually seek in the breed so hatcheries breed for that. But they can lay brown, white, green, pink...
Ameraucana lay a smaller egg less ofter than an EE. EEs are better layers of larger eggs.

My EEs ate more heat tolerant than my ameraucana also.

I got the feet wrong. Lol! Glad you came on to educate us. Thanks and don't stay gone so long. Pam

Back
Top Bottom