"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hello, fellow Louisian-ians
Helloo,and welcome from Jena LA
woot.gif

I have made a big decision, I am going to build a cabinet incubator with auto turners and a hatcher out of my farm innovators 4200 pro. I plan to start hatching staggered hatch's in clutch's of 10 to 40 eggs a week depending on demand for the breeds I have now and the ones I am planning to have, as soon as I get all my breeding pens, houses and new yards built, I will be getting NPIP certified. When I get home we will start laying out garden demission's, building raised beds on non productive ground. I plan to be in full production of meat birds and sex linked layers by mid summer.
caf.gif

I have made a big decision, I am going to build a cabinet incubator with auto turners and a hatcher out of my farm innovators 4200 pro. I plan to start hatching staggered hatch's in clutch's of 10 to 40 eggs a week depending on demand for the breeds I have now and the ones I am planning to have, as soon as I get all my breeding pens, houses and new yards built, I will be getting NPIP certified. When I get home we will start laying out garden demission's, building raised beds on non productive ground. I plan to be in full production of meat birds and sex linked layers by mid summer.
caf.gif
Wow TD. Sounds like your gonna be busy. You may have to retire from your day job. :)

I had some new to me chicken behavior happening today. Mating! So looks like I have at least one female. Time to build nest boxes.

Can I please get some advice from Bielefelder owners. Pam! :D  What size should I build for the Bieles. 16x16x16 or should I go bigger.
I'm planning to build them like the three hole nest box here but with four in a row. https://www.backyardchickens.com/coops/images/chicken-nest-boxes.jpg

Mine are using 12x 12 but the extra room wouldn't hurt I have 4 boxes in that coop they both use the same box even tho I have 4. But now I have 4 more poulets I'm adding to my flock. Pam

Last edited:
Hello, fellow Louisian-ians

Welcome from Brusly, Meadowchick!!

any one heard of a u.s. made breed of chickens called lamona....i guess they are nearly extinct...any thoughts on them

I have read they were a really good egg laying breed and were thought to be extinct until about 10 years ago. I don't know anyone who claims to have any. Let me know if you run across them. I'm curious. :)

Back
Top Bottom