"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I have made a big decision, I am going to build a cabinet incubator with auto turners and a hatcher out of my farm innovators 4200 pro. I plan to start hatching staggered hatch's in clutch's of 10 to 40 eggs a week depending on demand for the breeds I have now and the ones I am planning to have, as soon as I get all my breeding pens, houses and new yards built, I will be getting NPIP certified. When I get home we will start laying out garden demission's, building raised beds on non productive ground. I plan to be in full production of meat birds and sex linked layers by mid summer.:caf

Sounds fabulous. I can only dream for a while lol

I have made a big decision, I am going to build a cabinet incubator with auto turners and a hatcher out of my farm innovators 4200 pro. I plan to start hatching staggered hatch's in clutch's of 10 to 40 eggs a week depending on demand for the breeds I have now and the ones I am planning to have, as soon as I get all my breeding pens, houses and new yards built, I will be getting NPIP certified. When I get home we will start laying out garden demission's, building raised beds on non productive ground. I plan to be in full production of meat birds and sex linked layers by mid summer.:caf

So exciting! I'm right there with you, I have 2 more breeds I want to add them I'm done, but I'm picking up a good incubator this week. Last 2 needs I'm interested in are ayam cermani and barbezieux...then I'll be designing and building breeding pens.

And then I'm considering adding a pig to the mix, its name will be pork chop. I'm sure it will be tasty, I have a source for organic bulk feed. :)

Welcome from Brusly, Meadowchick!!
I have read they were a really good egg laying breed and were thought to be extinct until about 10 years ago. I don't know anyone who claims to have any. Let me know if you run across them. I'm curious.
smile.png

i will be getting some lamonas this year...the guy has had them for along time...and he shows birds...and hes npip certified...so my birds will have paperwork that come with them and a clean bill of health...cant wait...my aunt will be talking to him as she lives right around the corner from him

edited to add i dont even know his name yet and havnt physically spoke to him yet...but just seen pics of the birds...
http://www.diyseattle.com/chickens/lamona-chicken-breed/
great website to read about them....

Last edited:
So exciting! I'm right there with you, I have 2 more breeds I want to add them I'm done, but I'm picking up a good incubator this week. Last 2 needs I'm interested in are ayam cermani and barbezieux...then I'll be designing and building breeding pens.

And then I'm considering adding a pig to the mix, its name will be pork chop. I'm sure it will be tasty, I have a source for organic bulk feed. :)

Where did you find bulk organic feed?!?

i will be getting some lamonas this year...the guy has had them for along time...and he shows birds...and hes npip certified...so my birds will have paperwork that come with them and a clean bill of health...cant wait...my aunt will be talking to him as she lives right around the corner from him

edited to add i dont even know his name yet and havnt physically spoke to him yet...but just seen pics of the birds...
http://www.diyseattle.com/chickens/lamona-chicken-breed/
great website to read about them....

Thank you for the info. I cant wait for you to get them because I know you'll post pics!

Where did you find bulk organic feed?!?

Cyote Creek, I'm going to be prying together an order for anyone in my area that wants to cut back on feed cost. It's about $21.50 for 50#, since I've been paying $29 for 40#, it's a big savings. Shipping is also reasonable, not included in the price.

Cyote Creek, I'm going to be prying together an order for anyone in my area that wants to cut back on feed cost. It's about $21.50 for 50#, since I've been paying $29 for 40#, it's a big savings. Shipping is also reasonable, not included in the price.

I used to order from Coyote Creek, but the freight costs were way too much for me to pay for my small orders. I love their products. What area are you in?

Covington area.

How often do you order, and where do you have it delivered? There's a chance I'll be interested in the future. I am ordering through Azure Standard now, but we are having some issues with finding a new location to hold our drop and they may be scheduling us for mid-day pickup. I will have a hard time continuing to order if so because I work. It's quite a drive to Covington for me, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find another option for organic feed.

Back
Top Bottom