"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I hope this is alright to post. I have four white crested black polish roosters that I need to get rid of,( they are getting thier crest plucked out.) They are 20 weeks old and have started to crow a couple of weeks ago. I live in the central Louisiana area. Maybe a trade like one pullet of about the same age of any breed. Thanks ahead of time.       Greg

Welcome Greg! If you are close to Alexandria we're having swaps at Tractor Supply right there in Alexandria once a month. The next I've is February 6th. You are welcome to bring birds up there and try to sell them. There is a fb page that is specifically for that swap if your interested. This last weekend I sold all the bantam pullets and eggs that we brought. Hope you find your extras a home!

Last edited:
Thanks y'all for celebrating my coop with me: :love

This morning DH gave me bad news: the coop is turning out "too fancy" (ie too expensive) for just 20 layers. So he wants to make it a barn, and add goats.

I'm reading everything I can! Who knows anything about goats?

Aw! Now you HAVE to have goats!!!! Lol! I would be dancing a jig!!! I bet you were excited when he told you that!!!! My daughter especially had wanted goats for years. We would love to have good milkers. But we have space issues here. Lol I love how your barn is coming along. Just super!!!

Thanks y'all for celebrating my coop with me: :love

This morning DH gave me bad news: the coop is turning out "too fancy" (ie too expensive) for just 20 layers. So he wants to make it a barn, and add goats.

I'm reading everything I can! Who knows anything about goats?

Aw! Now you HAVE to have goats!!!! Lol! I would be dancing a jig!!! I bet you were excited when he told you that!!!! My daughter especially had wanted goats for years. We would love to have good milkers. But we have space issues here. Lol I love how your barn is coming along. Just super!!!

Thanks!

A friend bright me a present to church yesterday morning and stuck it in the broom closet. Then gave it to my kids after church. :lau:lau

A dozen chicken nugget babies. Cornish X They are already STUFFING themselves. They are all about the food of course.

She gave them to us. But I gave her back a batch of Golden Paste and some fresh green onions from the garden. I'm going to get some fermented feed going for them today. I'm looking forward to chicken dinners because I just can't being myself to buy chicken meat at the store anymore after the last few years. Once I are homegrown that was THAT.

Your welcome! It's super nice to be able to walk inside the barn on a hot, cold or rainy day and tend to the birds. You will love it!

Angelisi has goats now one is pregnant . I don't know if she is selling the kid. She would know where you can get the dwarfs. I'm mailing turmeric today. Just letting you know to expect it. No big deal if your not mailing yet. Pam

I guess according to my chickens spring is coming. We have new Layers that have gotten work with their first eggs in the last week. And some that had been on break starting back to it. We didn't use any supplemental lighting at all through this winter. So it has been a bit different with running on a very lean supply of eggs. But we made it! I even had enough to sell 2 dozen at the swap last weekend. One the new Layers laid a pretty green egg. Her mom is EE and her Dad is our Malay. We have 2 more like her that should follow her example soon. And another black pullet laid her first yesterday. Nice size on both of those for being new Layers! I'm very happy with their egg size from these 3. We bred, hatched and raised them here. That is the best part of all of it. We may still the smallest EE pullet at next month's swap. Hopefully she will be laying by then. She is a nice hen but a bit smaller than the other 2 EE pullets. I only want to keep the biggest. My profile picture had the 3 EEs and the 2 black sex links pictured. They are tough girls. The funniest thing is seeing then chase off wild birds that come near their pen. The oldest black one in particular will charge at the fence and the wild birds fly off. It cracks me up. They don't take any guff! But they are sweet with us.

Raven, the older BSL. She is about 9months and had laid eggs almost all winter through from last fall. The younger 4 still have plenty of filling out to do.

My new green egg there at the bottom with an Orpington egg at the top. I love my green eggs!

Back
Top Bottom