"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Why do I ask where you are from or why will I need to unload some Polish? Answer to first is because you posted you were not from St Tammany and you are going to the New Iberia swap. I live just outside of Lafayette and was just curious as to what parish/town you live in or close to.

Answer to second is because I am hatching all the polish eggs I get from my buff laced polish so I can sell/swap them.
Now that would be interesting! Which breeds would make a Welbar? Welsummer×legbar?
I,live near Franklin,and I wish I could get some polish.will u be going to the swap with polish

Last edited:
Why do I ask where you are from or why will I need to unload some Polish? Answer to first is because you posted you were not from St Tammany and you are going to the New Iberia swap. I live just outside of Lafayette and was just curious as to what parish/town you live in or close to.

Answer to second is because I am hatching all the polish eggs I get from my buff laced polish so I can sell/swap them.
Now that would be interesting! Which breeds would make a Welbar? Welsummer×legbar?

A Welbar is a barred rock and a wellsummer. They show the same auto sexing characteristics as a legbar, beifelder and Rhodebar does. Greenfire was going to import some but didn't get them. They are gorgeous as well. I'll see if I can find a picture and post it.

I,live near Franklin,and I wish I could get some polish.will u be going to the swap with polish

I probably will when I get the chance to go. I will post on here if I plan on going so you will know. :)
A Welbar is a barred rock and a wellsummer. They show the same auto sexing characteristics as a legbar, beifelder and Rhodebar does. Greenfire was going to import some but didn't get them. They are gorgeous as well. I'll see if I can find a picture and post it.

Using a Welsummer roo or barred rock roo?

I probably will when I get the chance to go. I will post on here if I plan on going so you will know. :)
Using a Welsummer roo or barred rock roo?

Ok, I found the pictures online along with the chart. But finding quality stock to start with will be the challenge!

Awe, thanks but I am still debating on the breed I will go with.  I think I want a blue variety this time, so I was thinking either Ameraucana or Orpington.   Or both of course.  And maybe a couple of Silkies.  :ya   What breed are your new little chicks?

Orust, Svart Honas, Isbars the one I hatched is splash blue. The lay green eggs.

I'm happy to report my auction for the benefit will end tonight. Right now it's at 175.00 for the pair. Warms my heart that the bids have been so generous . I have told them I will donate one more auction now to decide what to auction. Pam

I ordered some BBS Ameraucana's from the Buy/Sell/Trade section. YEAH! I will be getting them sometime in April, which will give me time to finish my pen.
Now to find a couple of good Silkies.
celebrate.gif

Also, there is a poultry swap/sale at Tractor Supply in Hammond this Sunday starting at 9am if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
I ordered some BBS Ameraucana's from the Buy/Sell/Trade section.  YEAH!  I will be getting them sometime in April, which will give me time to finish my pen. 
Now to find a couple of good Silkies.  :celebrate  

Also, there is a poultry swap/sale at Tractor Supply in Hammond this Sunday starting at 9am if anyone is interested. 

The benefit auction has some of the most beautiful birds from great breeders. I would say I'm not a silky person but the ones in the auction are stunners! I saw blue or lavender what ever that color is in silkies. Pam

Back
Top Bottom