"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Thanks for the help and kinds words everyone! Got up this morning and found 2 dead hens.......not good. Talked to the state vet and he set me up for tomorrow to take 4 birds (2 dead ones and 2 live ones that show symptoms) to the state animal something something lab by the LSU vet school on river road. Sorry can't remember the name but it's a long name lol.
Gonna cost me a ben Franklin to get the necropsy done. At this point depopulating is likely what the outcome
Is going to be but still will be good to know what I need to do to decontaminate before starting over. I had small amount of hope before I found the dead ones this am but now I've accepted it. Just going to wait for the necropsy and go from there. Thanks

So sorry to hear this. I hope you get some answers soon.

Thanks for the help and kinds words everyone! Got up this morning and found 2 dead hens.......not good. Talked to the state vet and he set me up for tomorrow to take 4 birds (2 dead ones and 2 live ones that show symptoms) to the state animal something something lab by the LSU vet school on river road. Sorry can't remember the name but it's a long name lol.
Gonna cost me a ben Franklin to get the necropsy done. At this point depopulating is likely what the outcome
Is going to be but still will be good to know what I need to do to decontaminate before starting over. I had small amount of hope before I found the dead ones this am but now I've accepted it. Just going to wait for the necropsy and go from there. Thanks

So sorry to hear this. At least you will know what you are dealing with and be able to combat it. Knowing is half the battle.
When the time comes that you are ready for more I and the others here will be glad to help you start back with healthy birds.
Hang in there!

So sorry to hear this. I hope you get some answers soon.

Thank you. I'll post up when I find out what's going on on to help anyone else that might come across this.

So sorry to hear this. At least you will know what you are dealing with and be able to combat it. Knowing is half the battle.
When the time comes that you are ready for more I and the others here will be glad to help you start back with healthy birds.
Hang in there!

Thanks for the support. I appreciate it. When the time comes, I will let yall know.

Morning y'all! I moved some eggs to the hatcher for lockdown! :weee 11 eggs in the hatcher, and I left 15 in the bator. They must've been in cold spots because they look a day or so behind. And I pulled 9 for various reasons.

Not too bad for missing a whole week of incubation! :celebrate

frow.gif
never see u anymore, u been hatching like a mad man this year? I know w the season upon us, were all running like crazy!
Hey Turk :)!. No I haven't hatched any this year. I've been threatening to though. I've started selling eggs and need more girls.
I really want to get my breeding program started but it's on hold for a bit. I still have the Barbezieux and Bielefelder's and still need to cull about ten males.
If I could get rid of the Bieles I'd have room but they are my favorite and are just too darn sweet to cull or sell or give away. :)

The last few weeks I've been designing the floor plan for my hope to be future house. Currently I'm waiting to hear back from the contractor for a price breakdown.

Hope things are going well for you. I'm here every day keeping up I just don't ever post. I know I should at least to let ya'll know I'm still alive.

Good luck Cajun.  As a new chicken owner, this is a very strong reminder to protect my flock and to quarantine new birds. 

Haven't forgotten about u either, how's that set going?

Morning y'all! I moved some eggs to the hatcher for lockdown! :weee 11 eggs in the hatcher, and I left 15 in the bator. They must've been in cold spots because they look a day or so behind. And I pulled 9 for various reasons.

Not too bad for missing a whole week of incubation! :celebrate

Not too shabby!

Hey Turk :)!. No I haven't hatched any this year. I've been threatening to though. I've started selling eggs and need more girls.
I really want to get my breeding program started but it's on hold for a bit. I still have the Barbezieux and Bielefelder's and still need to cull about ten males.
If I could get rid of the Bieles I'd have room but they are my favorite and are just too darn sweet to cull or sell or give away. :)

The last few weeks I've been designing the floor plan for my hope to be future house. Currently I'm waiting to hear back from the contractor for a price breakdown.

Hope things are going well for you. I'm here every day keeping up I just don't ever post. I know I should at least to let ya'll know I'm still alive.

I forgot all about your house plans! I hope its going smoothly!

I was remembering u have one of the Dickeys(sp?) right? Cant believe u haven't hatched and were a month into spring! Glad your selling eggs! Keep the boys keep the egg demand high :D

Really glad to hear from you! U Should check in more, but I know the feeling, I'm a reader on various threads for what I can learn :)

Some good news I'd like to share :)

My dad and grandpa have decided to support me in my poultry ambitions and they're now willing to help in any way. Dad is taking down about 500 ft of 4 ft tall chain link at a friends, so he can bring it to me. Pap Paw is sending in sand. Hubby sees things falling into place, and agreed to let me buy the new SOP!

If you cull your birds, I have two buff silkies roos that I needed to re-home. (they can go for free, all I want is a good home).
I also have some speckled sussex hens that I can re-home. My buff orpington just hatched six mixed breed chicks.

I really want to get my breeding program started but it's on hold for a bit. I still have the Barbezieux and Bielefelder's and still need to cull about ten males.

I know your there and will answer if asked. Good to hear from you. Good to know when it's important you will post. :highfive: Pam

If you cull your birds, I have two buff silkies roos that I needed to re-home. (they can go for free, all I want is a good home).
I also have some speckled sussex hens that I can re-home.   My buff orpington just hatched six mixed breed chicks. 

Camping shaw might be interested in your Sussex .I've been super busy hatch is coming along. I just sold all my Marans chicks plus two Isbars now known as Silverrudds Blues . Hope everyone is well . I hope Cajin chicken gets good news and doesn't need to start over. I've heard the lady that does the necropsy in a very good vet fingers crossed. Pam

Back
Top Bottom