"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

So I stole All my broodys eggs cuz I had a couple dead chicks, well they immediately went back to their nests... So I decided to let each of them try raising babies that had their legs under them. Last night I gave each of them two CM cockrels, from my hatch on Saturday. The turkey completely rejected hers, but the black Cochin...

Conclusion is, they can incubate, this one can raise youngins, but they can't hatch? Silly birds! I'll keep workn the issue :)

My honas are great broodys they hatched 6 and 4 made it. Sometimes a young hen if Hungary will eat them. One of the hona chicks was squished. The up side is they are accepted into the flock. Mine are small enough to run through each coop. All the chickens leave them alone even the batchlor coop. Pam

x2. My hona pair did a great job raising the littles. The roo was very involved. They even adopted all the babies I'd hatched through that point, and all 50+ of them sleep n a big pile at night.

Love them broody momas!

I just noticed one of my BLRW hen's sneezing, picked her up and saw some clear discharge. I'm hoping it was just from sneezing (she was dirt bathing), but now I've got to check them all. Hopefully nothing serious, but gonna be super careful none the less.

OH NO! :fl it's nothing serious!

My honas are great broodys they hatched 6 and 4 made it. Sometimes a young hen if Hungary will eat them. One of the hona chicks was squished. The up side is they are accepted into the flock. Mine are small enough to run through each coop. All the chickens leave them alone even the batchlor coop. Pam

x2. My hona pair did a great job raising the littles. The roo was very involved. They even adopted all the babies I'd hatched through that point, and all 50+ of them sleep n a big pile at night.

These are my First broodies looks like they crushed one chick each and the turkey booted one chick who was eaten by coopmates... Pretty grizzly and I freaked out n stole all the eggs. But I got to thinkin how each of these girls have sat for two n half months. they obviously Really want to raise babies, so I decided to let em try these boys 3 days old have their legs under em, while I have em, and that Cochin took over with glee. I won't test her limits yet but I'd love to be able to use some good broody hens around here.

I've got 40 eggs (backyard blend) on day 13. I've got three broodies in the layer coop; I need to put up a bit of fencing, then I'll move them and give them eggs by Monday-Tuesday.

The pasture is looking good. I seeded it last week with Bermuda grass, white clover, and chicory. Only one type of seed has come up, originally I thought clover but now I'm thinking it's the chicory. It's supposed to be a good goat forage. Right now they're clipping the back yard for me. :D

I talked to the NPIP guy today; he's awesome! Very knowledgeable and friendly. He thinks he can help me get approval to use our farm eggs in the camp kitchen, so :fl for that. We have 500+ kids in the summer and my dream is for them to pick eggs at the coop and bring them to the kitchen. :love

Everyone's doing great here! Camp is nearly upon us! My staff will arrive Sunday! :weee

Honas and Jangles:

Beaux:

Ms. Roxie:

Layer coop this morning:

Working on it now!

Well the good/bad news is I can't figure out which one it was. Nobody is sneezing now and I don't see any runny noses. Hopefully it's nothing, I'm just hypersensitive right now because I let someone come in my coops that I thought was looking for his first chickens and then he tells me he bought 4 at a swap meet last week. Arggggg!!!!!! Had I know that he would not have been allowed in!

Well the good/bad news is I can't figure out which one it was. Nobody is sneezing now and I don't see any runny noses. Hopefully it's nothing, I'm just hypersensitive right now because I let someone come in my coops that I thought was looking for his first chickens and then he tells me he bought 4 at a swap meet last week. Arggggg!!!!!! Had I know that he would not have been allowed in!

So sorry to here the guy wasn't up front with you. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts that it's only a random sneeze from pollon or something simple like that. The Ag vet said you can buy a disinfectant from Jeffers . I'm going to get some it is what he used to spray his boots, truck tires etc. before and after coming on my property . Pam

So sorry to here the guy wasn't up front with you. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts that it's only a random sneeze from pollon or something simple like that. The Ag vet said you can buy a disinfectant from Jeffers . I'm going to get some it is what he used to spray his boots, truck tires etc. before and after coming on my property . Pam

I think the guy bought them between when we talked and when he came by. I just finished bed check and I'm happy to report all noses we dry. I am still not going to let any chicks go for now until I absolutely positive there is nothing to it.
What's the name of the disinfectant? Id like to have some on hand too.

Back
Top Bottom