"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Chickens are masters at hiding illness most die by the time you realize something is wrong. If it's sour croup her croup would stay full. If in the morning it isn't the same size you can rule out sour croup. Any other systems other than lathargic? Pam

No other symptoms really besides the lethargy.. she will lay down and while laying she will kind of Bob her head up and down like she is fighting sleep. Other than that nothing..

No other symptoms really besides the lethargy.. she will lay down and while laying she will kind of Bob her head up and down like she is fighting sleep. Other than that nothing..

Does her droppings look dark or bloodt? If yes I think coccidia. Spelling? Corrid will cure it. If that's not it without other symptoms you will have to see a vet. The Ag vet may have more info. Call your local extension . Pam

Hey everyone. :) Wow! This thread sure has been quiet lately. Everyone must me busy doing Summer activities. Hope that's the case and all is well with the group.

I've got broody girls piled in the nest boxes, Barbezieux and Bielefelders. Guess they told the others to stop laying and to act like mamas. So egg production has gone to the birds. I'm letting them have at it to see how well they do hatching and caring for chicks.

Hey everyone. :) Wow! This thread sure has been quiet lately. Everyone must me busy doing Summer activities. Hope that's the case and all is well with the group.

I've got broody girls piled in the nest boxes, Barbezieux and Bielefelders. Guess they told the others to stop laying and to act like mamas. So egg production has gone to the birds. I'm letting them have at it to see how well they do hatching and caring for chicks.
I know right.this year so far I have had 10+ broodys

Hey everyone. :) Wow! This thread sure has been quiet lately. Everyone must me busy doing Summer activities. Hope that's the case and all is well with the group.

I've got broody girls piled in the nest boxes, Barbezieux and Bielefelders. Guess they told the others to stop laying and to act like mamas. So egg production has gone to the birds. I'm letting them have at it to see how well they do hatching and caring for chicks.

Mine are doing the same thing. I'm letting them do it the svart Honas are good mothers along with the Isbars. I've had other hatch but they didn't make it immature moms. Pam

Back
Top Bottom